Ch. 19

The room got extremely quiet. All eyes were now on Serena. She was refusing to answer.

"Miss Serena. Is Theo Straton the father of your baby?"

"How is this relevant?" Serena's lawyer asked.

"I'm just trying to understand if Serena is telling the truth. We all know she has the right to do whatever she wants. She can be with whoever she wants. But, is it possible there could have been an accident? Maybe you spent some time with another person and  had gotten pregnant with them rather than Theo? I just want to make sure that Serena is staying true to her words. You are stating the truth right?" Luca asked, with a raised eyebrow.

Serena paled. She looked at her lawyer and then her father. She nodded her head.

"Y-Yes. I am sure Theo is the father."

Luca then nodded his head.

"Thank you Serena. Your honor I would now like to bring up Jonathon Hathaway to the stand please."

Serena stood up immediately.

"No! Why does he need to be here? He's not important in this case."

"Miss Serena. If you do not control yourself I will ask an officer to escort you out. Stop it. And act your age." The judge hissed

Then, a man took the stand. The same man who was with Serena and Adeline during that ultrasound. The same man who was beaming of joy when he saw the baby, but now he had this look of determination. Determination to catch Serena in her web of lies. He kept staring over at Serena while she kept her head down, taking a sudden interest to the floor.

Adeline had to turn away from the judge as she tried her best not to laugh. This was the karma that Serena deserved.

"OoOoooo... you are so screwed!" She whispered.

"Mr.Hathaway. Do you know who Serena is?" Luca asked.

"Yes. I do." He announced, sending hateful glares towards her.

"Do you and Serena have an intimate relationship?"

He looked over at her again, and Serena looked at him with a pleading look. Begging him to not say anything.

"Serena and I were dating for 6 months."

"Wait. So you're telling me that Serena was dating you while still with Theo Straton?" Luca asked.

"Yes. Serena was fully aware of what she was doing. She said she was bored with him. Wanted to meet someone new, but still needed to stay with Theo due to his finances." Jonathon Hathaway told truthfully.

"To me, the pieces are slowly coming together." Luca announced, turning to the jury with a smile.

"Mr.Hathaway, have you been intimate with Serena to the point of possible pregnancy?"

"Yes Sir."

"Is there a possibility of you being the father of the baby."

Before Jonathon could answer, Serena shot up.

"Don't you dare!" She yelled.

"I know I'm the father of the baby. Serena and I have been together and after one night together she got pregnant. She told me I am the father, but will pretend it's Theo's for the money."

The jury was now whispering to one another, surprised at what they heard. If Jonathon was telling the truth then Serena was lying. Her lawyer looked at her with a heated glare.

Adeline could hear them whispering to one another.

"You told me Theo Straton is the father! I have been defending you, and for what? To cover up a lie? Do you know what that means?" Her lawyer hissed.