Confession {Kenny x Reader}

"Look there!" You pointed out in the distance to a lodge cabin on a hill. "That'd be a good place to stay."

Clementine looked over at the large cabin through her binoculars. She smiled and nodded in agreement. "It looks it'll have a lot of space for us."

"You're right, Clem. Can you find a way for us to get over there?" Luke asked. Clementine pointed the binoculars towards a bridge.

"There!" She pointed it out to Luke with a goofy grin on her face. 

"Is it clear to go over?" Clem looked again and gave a simple thumbs up. "Alright. Clem and I will go first and once we make sure it's clear, we'll call you guys over."

Everyone nodded at Luke. Both him and Clem left the group's presence to check out the bridge. You looked at the edge of the trees to make sure nothing would emerge from the woods.

*Time Skip <tiny>*

A yell echoed through the air, coming from the bridge. You reached out for your machete ready for anything, as you ran towards the sound. Luke was struggling with a man that had a gun. A gunshot rung through your ears. Nick had shot the man.

Your eyes widened. Luke shook off his own shock and started heading towards the cabin, us following him. You all reached the top off the hill and climbed up the creaking stairs of the aging wood.

The door suddenly opened and out stepped three people. One had a gun pointed at the entire group. Glares were set in place on their faces.

"Who the hell are you!?" A man with a black beard with grey streaks asked. Clementine gasped in shock.

"Kenny?" She stepped forward.

"Clementine?" He tilted his head before he got on one knee and opened his arms. "Clementine!"

Clem immediately ran into his arms, clutching onto his shirt. "It's good to see you," she mumbled into the dingy cloth. "These are my friends Luke, Nick, Sarah, Carlos, Alvin, and Y/n."

Kenny's eyes lingered on your frame. You grew flustered under his gaze, fumbling with your fingers. He smirked and gave a brief wink.

*Time Skip*

You looked at the herd of walkers with guts smeared over your face. You walked slowly through the dead crowd. Some of the group was ahead of you and you were trying to catch up. 

You heard a scream and snapped your head over to the noise. Sarita was getting attacked by walkers. Kenny was yelling for her. You ran towards him and grasped onto his hand, pulling him away.

Kenny pushed you down trying to run back to Sarita. You decided to leave him, running in the direction you were supposed to. You glanced behind you at Kenny until you felt two bony hands grab onto you. You howled trying to get it off of you.

In a blink of an eye, Kenny standing over the walker, beating its head in with a crowbar. He helped you off of the leaf scattered ground. You two started running until you came to a clearing.

"Why did you come back?" You questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"'What do you mean?'" You mocked. "You pushed me when I tried to help you."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to save Sarita, but when I heard that you were in trouble, I couldn't help but come help you."

"I'm flattered and all, but why? She was the love of your life."

"Because... ever since we've met, I've had a thing for you. I'm not going to deny it like I've been doing before."

Your face heated up. You've liked him since that wink he sent you. Kenny stepped up to you and wrapped his arms around your waist. You got on your tiptoe and place a gentle kiss on his slightly chapped lips.

"I have a thing for you, too."