Thanks For Being Here (Mitch x Reader)

Bang!

Lightning struck, lighting up the dead body on the ground. A gasp escaped from your lips, but the sound was drowned by the rain. Lying motionless on the cold stone courtyard, was your older brother. (You can be adopted if you have a different skin color. Interracial book.) Tears brimmed your eyes, blurring your vision. You shook your head trying to wake up from a horrid dream.

"What? You said aim for the head?"

Your eyes landed on AJ. He looked shaken up by what he did. His eyes held guilt as he seen you staring at him, knowing well that that was your brother. He lowered his gun, dropping it even, and lowered his head. You turned your head towards your brother, his lifeless eyes gazing into your soul. All other sounds were muffled as you dropped to your knees.

Your body trembled as you closed his eyes. Your tears dripped onto his face, mixing with the rain. Your hands laid on his chest, trying to find a beat or pulse of any kind. When you didn't find one, you broke down.

A pair of arms wrapped around you briefly, before being pulled away. You stood and ran to Marlon's office, lighting a candle with the lighter you keep in your pocket. You sat down in his chair and reminisced the time you and your brother had before.

Flashback

"Marlon!" You giggled as his hands tortured your sides. It didn't seem like he would be stopping anytime soon.

"Say, 'Marlon is the coolest person in the entire world!'" He stopped.

"Never." You said in a funny villain voice. "Marlon!" He started tickling you again. You squirmed as he brought pain to your stomach from you laughing so much.

"Say it."

"No!"

"Why?"

"Because we both know Mitch is the coolest person in the entire world!" His hands stopped. He looked at you with a smirk.

"So... you like Mitch, huh?"

"What!? Psh no! As if!" You scoffed, trying to make it more believable. It didn't work.

"Oh yeah?" Marlon pushed his finger against you neck, feeling your pulse. "Why is your heart beating so fast?"

"No reason." You felt your face heat up from the thought of Mitch.

"You should go for it."

"What?"

"You should ask him out. I totally approve. He can make you weapons and show you how to make them. He can protect you. Mitch already makes you laugh..." Marlon nodded his head. "Totally go for it."

You smiled and nodded as well. You hugged him and left to do whatever it was you do.

End flashback

You never did ask him out. You kept contemplating it when he was alive and now that he's gone, you wish you did it so that he could see you guys together. Your sobs faded as the door created open. In stepped the brunette that you absolutely adored.

"Y/n..." He stepped slowly towards you. "How are you holding up?"

"I don't know." You laid your head in your hands. "I mean, he's my brother but he falsely accused someone for the murder of Brody. I know that he was lying."

"How could you know that?" You gazed into his soft green eyes.

"When he lies, his pupils dilate. And the blood on his face, and the fact that he didn't realize it was there..." Tears started to gather in your eyes. They fell and dripped from your chin.

Mitch moved closer to you and wiped away your tears. He opened his jacket and wrapped his arms around you, pushing you against his chest, both of you in the jacket. He rocked back and forth and shushed you.

"Shh, it's all going to be okay. We'll bury them both tomorrow and say our goodbyes. Don't cry, Y/n."

"I'm sorry! It's just... I've been around him for most of my life. And seeing him dead..."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. If you or Willy would've died, I would be devastated. You guys mean a lot to me. And seeing one of you guys dead would haunt me."

"Want to know something?"

"What?"

"A long time ago, like three years ago, Marlon found out that I had a thing for you." You giggled softly. "He told me to ask you out, but I was afraid."

"Why?"

"I guess I was afraid of rejection." You looked up at him and grinned.

"There's that smile I love."

Your face grew hot. "He even approved. He wanted me to get with you because he saw that you made... make me happy."

"Willy was actually the same way." You raised one eyebrow. "He wanted me to ask you out because I annoyed him."

"How?" You asked.

"I constantly talked about you, even to this day! He called me a coward for not asking you." You bit your lip and he groaned. "Don't do that! You always drive me nuts when you bite your lip."

You stopped and stared at his lips. You leaned up and pressed your lips to his. You pulled away and looked into his eyes. He smiled and put his hand behind your head, pushing your lips to his in a tender kiss.

You wrapped your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. His tongue slipped into your mouth, exploring your wet cavern. He pulled away, a line of saliva connecting you two.

"Wow..." You both said in unison.

"Y/n, will you be mine?"

"Yes!"

"All mine," he mumbled.

You giggled. After a few moments of silence, you spoke. "Thanks for being here for me."

"It's my pleasure." He kissed your head.