Drunk Aftermath

"Ohhh yes Lena. Please don't stop." I moan out. "Harder please." Until I get interrupted by a beeping sound. I slam my hand on the alarm clock. Again really.

I attempt to get up when I realize my other arm is trapped. I decide to just open my eyes and notice a naked body next to me. Shit! I guess I was replaying what I did last night.

I carefully remove my arm so I can leave. How drunk was I? I quickly put clothes on not knowing if they are even mine. This is the tenth time it's happened. We set ground rules the first time and I just broke like maybe a few.

I try rushing out but my clumsiness hits me. I trip over my pants and I silently curse myself. I use my super-hearing to see if the CEO is still sleeping. Thankfully she is. I rush swiping my shoes from the door and I'm off.

I arrive to my place and fall out on my couch. Kara why can't you get your feelings under control? Why can't you just leave your best friend as your best friend? Maybe because you love her stupid.

Ugh why am I arguing with myself? Fuck what rules did I break? I broke the rule of no cuddling for sure. I don't even remember falling asleep. Focus.

Just thinking about her and I see the things we did last night. Ohh fuck. I can't do this. Whatever we have going on I need to call it quits.

I decide to get ready for work. I don't need to think about the topic anymore. It hurts to much. You know it's crazy to me that I have someone so close yet they are still so far away. All because it's not the way I want.

Once I'm done I look around for my phone. "Where is it?" I stress as I go through my clothes for the fifth time. Great I had Lena's shirt. I sigh in frustration and leave for work.

Yet right when I'm a block away I notice Lena's newest Lexus LS460 pull up. I can't see her right now. I quickly take a detour through the alleyway and head to the DEO. Alex is going to kill me for running away from my problems. Yet Lena isn't a problem my feelings are the problem.

I arrive at the DEO and greet the other agents there. First person I run into is Mon-El.

"Kara aren't you suppose to be at CatCo.? You know your job. As in reporter." Mon-El jokes. I throw my hand bag at him.

"I'll get there once I find my phone." I use as a partial excuse. Yet Mon-El kicks his feet up to stop me. He raises his eyebrows at me. "What?"

"Kara just tell me. It's easier that way."

"No I need to find Alex."

"Kara. If anything I know you just as well. I know it has to do with Lena." I roll my eyes. How does he know this?

"No it's not." I say while not facing him.

"Don't you dare lie to me. You left with her last night. So tell me."

"It's not about Lena!"

"What's not about my future sister in law?" Alex says as she walks over. I groan and sit on one of the stools. I smack my head against the table.

"Kara left with Lena last night from the bar. She won't tell me what's bothering her about the situation." After he states my problem they both look at me. I can feel them burning holes into my head.

"Kara I'll make you a deal." Mon-El starts. I raise my head up from the table. "I'll help you find your phone. Just tell us what's wrong."

Do I need my phone? Like how bad? If Lena has it that's not safe at all. I have.....

"Help now. Explain later." I demand. Him and Alex don't even seem phased. Are you kidding me? "I mean it. Mon-El I need to know now. Like this is an emergency. I'm begging."

They both just raise there eyebrows at me. Guess I'm lying my way through this.

"It has information from the DEO in it guys." I exaggerate. They both didn't move. Wow okay tough crowd. I sigh and start leaving the DEO. That's until I get stopped by the last person I wanted to see.

"Kara you left this at my place last night. I assume you need it." I freeze in place. What is the game plan here? Play it cool or lead Lena out of here.

"Thank you Lena." I kindly attempt to take my phone from her. Yet she so slightly withdrawn it back to her chest.

"Can we talk?" I raise my eyebrow at her. She can't possibly mean now about last night. "Please." I nod my head and she hands me my phone.

She starts leading us out of the main corridor to a more private sector. I signal for Mon-El and Alex to stay back and not eavesdrop. Lena and I stop walking. Why am I so nervous?

"Kara why did you leave?" I'm surprised. "You left me this morning. You left me alone. Why?"

"I uhm. Lee what happened last night?" Lena looks to the floor and runs a hand through her hair. I stop her from looking at the floor and lock eyes with me. I instantly notice tears coming down her face.

"Of course you don't remember. Do you remember anything? Like the slightest of anything?"

"I remember what you were wearing. A pair of dark blue jeans, all white sneakers, a old college hoodie and some earring that are a small little diamond stud. Your hair was down, but you put it up half way through the night. I remember a few other things, but I'm not hundred percent sure what was real and what I was imagining." I confess wholeheartedly.

I even remember what she was wearing when I first met her. The day she revealed the Supergirl statue. When she introduced Sam to me. So many other days too. Yet Lena won't ever know that unless she went through my phone.

"You remember exactly what I was wearing, but not what happened. Tell me what you do remember please." I can hear the desperation in her voice. I'm completely missing something here.

"Lena what do you need to tell me? Did I say something embarrassing, because if I did I take it back. I didn't mean it. I was drunk."

"This conversation is over. Also when people are drunk they say what they are to scared too. You did exactly that you ass-hat." Lena says as she storms out. What did I just do?

"Lena wait. I was scared." She slows her pace. "I broke some rules. I crossed lines. I'm scared to get hurt, but I'm even more terrified to hurt you." She spins back around to look at me.

"Well talk to me when you are done being scared Kara." She leaves the DEO completely. I didn't realize how much this would hurt. Why did I fall in love with her? Why am I such a coward? I need a break.