Chapter 13

His cock was stiff, and Melanie was no help in reducing the swelling.

She was lying so close to him that his impressive length pushed up against the curve of her ass, stirring her awake. She turned to him, and although she could feel the bulge in his sweats pulse as she moved, she ignored it. She knew he would want her to.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, threading his fingers through her hair. He pulled it, tilting her head to look her in the eyes.

She moaned. She didn't mean to, but she was addicted to the rough side of Lukas. It only made her curious to know if a gentle and kind man could dominate her inside the bedroom. "I'm feeling much better."

"Yeah?"

She nodded.

"Good," he murmured as he kissed her forehead. Her eyes fluttered closed, and he smiled. She was enjoying everything he did. "What do you want for breakfast?"

She chewed on her bottom lip and brushed her hand against his erection. "What are my options?"

He groaned, reached into his sweats to adjust his cock and then took her small hand in his. "Certainly not that."

She pouted. "Why not?"

"If you were my woman, it'd be an option, although you are so fucking hard to resist right now." He buried his nose into the crook of her neck and licked the spot he wanted to mark. She quivered and tried to reach for him, but he caught her hand, pinning it to the bed. "You could be all mine, you know."

"I want you," she whispered, fighting his strong hold. "Please, Lukas."

"You don't have to beg, love." He wrapped a hand around her neck, and she grinned at the pleasure it brought her. "I'd give you everything you've ever wanted."

"If I was yours."

He swallowed hard. "I wouldn't ever make you choose between me and a man you seem to have strong feelings for."

She sighed and then turned to him with a frown on her face. He didn't like seeing that, especially when he had caused it. "What if I made a choice?"

He didn't say anything, and his silence only killed her inside.

The only person to ever make Melanie feel pathetic was Eddy after he was caught cheating. Now Lukas was on that short list as well.

She sat up and searched the room for her clothes, but when they were nowhere to be found, she rolled out of bed to search elsewhere.

"Where are you going?" Lukas asked, leaning on his elbow to look at her. She refused to meet his gaze.

"I need my clothes."

"I washed them for you after you fell asleep. They still need time to dry."

She crossed her arms over her chest, as if to shield herself from him. She suddenly felt naked standing in his room with his clothes on. "What do I do in the meantime?"

"Come back to bed," he suggested, opening his arms to her. "You can sleep while I make you some breakfast."

She shook her head.

"Then what do you want to do?"

"I want to go home."

He clicked his tongue. "You can't run away every time you don't agree with our conversation."

"Why not?" she asked him. "For seven years, I was with someone who made me feel guilty for not agreeing with him. I will never let another man make me feel like my feelings are invalid again."