Chapter 20: Second opinion

Disclaimer: this one blows.  I'm saying sorry in advance.  at least you can enjoy the clip of harry screaming "get out of my kitchen" on the side.  Ideas?  tell them to me cos I need em.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIAM!

* * * * *

Chapter 20:  Second opinion

I had woken up in an ambulance.  I was confused as hell, but Paul was there with me.  He had explained why I was in this infernal contraption and lying on a stretcher.  He told me I had passed out which surprised  me. 

The events of today were hard to recall, kind of like trying to remember a really good dream after you've woken up.  Every time you think you remember, the memory slides further away.  You want to remember it desperately, but all you can feel is a warm happiness spread through your body instead.  You know what I mean? 

Something had happened today that had made me feel better than I had in days and I was dying to recall it.  I needed to talk to the boys so they could jog my memory.

I got to hospital pretty quickly.  I was immediately rushed back to a private room as requested by Paul.  Ok, so I shouldn't call it a request.  It was more of a flat out demand, but they aquiested.  Perks of being Harry Styles ladies and gentlemen.

An older doctor and a male nurse stormed in and set to work on me immediately.  I was pissed.  A male nurse?  REALLY?!  I couldn't have gotten one of the fit young female ones?

"I'm fine.  Really," I told Murse (Male + Nurse = Murse.  I thought it was a pretty clever name to come up with in my state, but I guess that's beside the point.).  He was currently now poking me with a really large needle, digging to find a vein.  "Ssssshit!" I hissed.

"Well if you weren't so dehydrated, this would be a lot easier," Murse scolded.

"Mr. Styles, I'm Doctor Lyden.  You seem to be suffering from exhaustion and dehydration but we also have further concerns.  Can you tell me the last time you ate?" he asked me with suspicion.

"Yes.  I ate dinner last night.  I'll admit that I forgot breakfast this morning," I lied. 

"Mhmmm," Dr. Lyden purred smugly in confirmation to whatever he had been thinking.  He wrote something down in a file he had attatched to a clipboard.  "I spoke to your friends outside and they told me that they haven't seen you eat in two days," he said acusingly.

"Whooooat?!"  I shouted.  "That's entrapment you bastard!  You can't ask me a question if you already think you have the answer!"  I knew nothing about law or medicine but the big word sounded right in my head.  "Are you even allowed to talk to them without my permission about my condition?"

Lyden completely ignored my emotional outburst.  "Lying about this problem won't help us make you better.  I believe you have anorexia," the dumbass diagnosed.

"That's complete bullshit.  I'm not anorexic!"

"I think you should be admitted to an inpatient program to adress your issues with food-" Lyden began but I interrupted.

"I want a second opinion!" I screeched.

"I don't think that's necessa-" but it was Paul's turn to cut the doctor off.

"Harry SAID he wants a second opinion.  I know his rights and if he wants a different doctor, he's allowed to request one," Paul stated firmly, crossing his arms for effect.

"But-" Lyden started.

"Away!  Get out of my room!  Get OUT!" I yelled, pointing towards the door adamantly.  I admit it was a diva move and more of a thing Lou would do, but what can I say?  I learned from the best.