Standards

Scarlett's pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It was hard enough dealing with Dan being angry with me, but it definitely has never been this bad before. It's going to be hard for him to trust me again and I'm going to have to accept that.

       "Stop thinking about it." Conrad cooed, snuggling his face in between my shoulder and neck. He lightly pecked my neck before pulling away.

       "He's my family." I sighed; he lit another cigarette, as I laid my head on his shoulder.

         "Dan is really forgiving. How do you think me and Dan stayed friends for so long? We would beat the fuck out of each other at least twice a week." He pointed out; I just sighed shaking my head.

         "It's different and plus, Dan only forgave you because he didn't have anywhere else to turn to. You got him into bad stuff." I told him, he sighed; pulling me into his chest.

          "Dan made those choices on his own. There was a point in time I told him that he was crossing the line. He literally got chlamydia four different times in the span of 3 years, Scarlett. Do you really think he was listening to anything I was trying to tell him? I loved Dan. He was my best friend but his actions aren't my fault. I never wanted him to turn out the way he did." He said angrily; I pulled away again, stroking the hair out of my face.

       "You gave him drugs-" I started,

       "Not those kind. I gave him weed, dabs, and shrooms. He started popping pills, smoking meth, snorting coke, all on his own. I don't know what Dan told you, but it's not true. I didn't give him any of the hard shit. He just wants someone to blame." He interrupted; I nodded my head.

        "I don't know what to do." I sighed, tears falling down my face.

       "Dan will come to you. You're family to him. Don't worry too much about it."
——————————————————————-
Dan's pov

"Seriously fuck this. She's so delusional." I sighed, relaxing my face into Phil's neck.

      "You got to understand.. she's young. Give her time." Phil pleaded; I just shook my head stubbornly.

       "Conrad is telling her absolute bullshit, Phil. I did drugs. I did horrible shit, but he's exaggerating the shit I did because he's mad that I dropped him." I muttered, squeezing onto the couch pillow with frustration. I was more upset with Scarlett for taking his side over mine.

"She's family. She'll come around. You need to drop the bullshit with Conrad. You told me you two haven't talked since graduation. People change. Give Scarlett the chance to prove that to you. If he ends up being a piece of shit, you were right all along. But give it a chance, Dan." Phil told me, his tone was serious. I knew how much Phil despised drama and we are finally making up again.

"You're right. Conrad and I need to talk things out. It seems like he does really care for her. It's just hard." I sighed; Phil helped me up from the couch, pulling me into his arms.

       "Scarlett is being picked up tonight and you need to make amends with her." He sighed; I grabbed my phone from my pocket dialing her number.

On the third ring, she picked up. Except it wasn't her. It was fucking Conrad. Of course.

"She's napping. She's really stressed out. What do you need?" He asked politely; I sighed, feeling weird talking to him.