seven

The next day rolled around and Jimin was ready. He only got three hours of sleep last night because he was so nervous and excited. When it was 3:30, he laid out his clothes and started getting ready.

The clock striked 3:50 and Jimin started walking through the winter air to Miryang Mocha. His heart beated expeditiously. He felt like he was going to faint. His palms started to sweat, so he took them out of his pockets and let them feel the cold, dry air. Jimin's eyes stared down at his feet as he counted each step he took in his head.

"43...44...45..."

Beneath his feet was the salted down, melted ice and snow that laid on the concrete sidewalks. With each step, the sound of crunching and crackling snow and salt fills his ears. The air lingered of thawing ice, and the smell of rain in the air.

When he reached the road that Miryang Mocha was located on, he started breathing quickly. This was the most nervous he'd ever been. He stepped up to Miryang Mocha and spotted a boy wearing a baby blue beanie, a tan coat, and black jeans. He couldn't see their face. He approached them.

"Hi, um, do you...by chance...know someone named Jimin?" he asked shyly. The boy's head turned and looked at Jimin in the eyes.

"Found you." they said, and smiled fondly.

"You...you've been responding to my notes?" Jimin asked, shocked.

"I've been slowly falling in love with you in the process," they laughed. "Who can resist your lovely charm?"

Every noise around the two boys was muffled, and they only focused on each other. The boy stepped closer. Jimin could smell the faint, pleasant citrusy smell radiating from the other's neck. The boy standing in front of Jimin had skin that is pale and smooth. Their breath evaporated into what looked like smoke in the crisp, thin air.

Jimin gently grasped the boy's chin, looked at him in the eyes, then down at his pink, silky lips. Neither of them said a word, but they both knew what was coming next.

Jimin leaned in closer, and reached the boy's gentle lips. He could feel the boy's nose softly touch Jimin's cheek as they kissed for the very first time. It was everything that Jimin had ever wanted. When they pulled away from each other, Jimin's hands were still holding the boy's chin.

Jimin broke the silence. "I love you, Yoongi."