Chapter 4

A couple of months later

Kevins pov 

So it's been a couple months since the accident and I've been the one taking care of Brooke and it has not been easy. It has not been easy, when she found out about Zack, when she found out about her work, and it was more horrible when she found out abbot Hazel. I have no idea how to help my sister with this, I have no idea how she feels. Dad is not happy with her right now, he says she was driving crazy, she was worried about her job. He's making up excuses like he always does. Mom, is being her motherly thing, I try to keep her away from Brooke because she'll just make it worse with Hazel and everything. Callie and Emma, who knows there trying to bring Brooke business up and trying to find out what happened with Zack. Jake and Justin are trying to help me, but Jake is concerned with work. Justin is being his normal self, back to drugs, but I haven't told Brooke, she doesn't need it. 

I walked by her room to to the guest room and I hear crying. I knock on the door and open it up. Brooke's holding a picture of Hazel when she was born. "I miss her Kev." she said looking at me

"I know you do, but she wants you to be happy."

"I lost my kid Kevin." She yelled at me, I took the picture from her and gave her a hug.

"It's Emma's birthday, your coming, so lets get you ready." I said and picked her off the ground and pushed her lightly towards the bathroom and I let out deep breath. Great first step done, now get her out of the house, have mom not smother her, or anyone to yell at her. I'll let her get drunk, she can have that, at least.

Brooke's pov 

Kevin is being the best brother right now, he taking care of me, even if I know he's using this as an excuse to not be at his house with his boyfriend, but I need company right now or who knows what will happen. All I remember about that night was that I was furious with my family and at my parents, since they took her and she might still be alive if it wasn't for them. I was super furious, stressed about Riley, he didn't make it there the night, his mom was super super super mad at me, but she eventually forgave me because she realized I wasn't lying. I was furious, stressed, tired, all I wanted to do was go home, put Hazel done and go to bed. 

Flashback to that night          

I slammed the door, I heard Kevin start yelling but I just kept walking to my car, I buckled in Hazel. Kissed her head and looked at her for a moment. "I love you baby girl." I said and she smiled, I hopped in the car and started to drive back home. 

Why does my own sisters don't believe me, I'm there sister. I hate it and my parents. They think I'm a child, they think I can't take care of my own child. There unbelievable sometimes. I wonder how I'm there daughter. My brothers are just outsiders, and they've done nothing bad, that I know of. 

I heard crying and I lost my train of thought. "Hazel, its okay, we got about 15 minutes left, it okay baby." I said, trying to calm her down with my voice, keeping my eyes on the road. I look back at her for a second and when I'm look back all I see were headlights.

End of flashback

"Brooke, I have a dress piked out for you." Kevin said, I got out of the shower, put the towel around me

"I'm worried, the last time you picked out my outfit was for the costume part we threw and I looked like a smurf."

"It was cute."

"For a 12 year old, I was 18." I said and he laughed and handed me my favorite dress in my closet.

" I said and he laughed and handed me my favorite dress in my closet