Chapter 6

Troye's POV

"Yeah, there's something I have to tell you guys." My friends sat across from me as I talked over the people at the café. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. They stared at me impatiently.

"Come on, Troye, spit it out." Their eyes burned into my skin. I nodded. "W-well, ya see..." I began, taking in a mouthful of food. I wiped off the sweat forming on my forehead. I wanted to back away, to run, but it was too late now. I had to tell them. "Since you guys are my best friends and all, I-I was hoping that you guys could all keep a secret..." They nodded, and waited for me to tell them.

"I-I.... I-I'm gay...." I stuttered reluctantly. The response I got gave me chills. They just stared at me, with a look that I hated. The silence was terrible. "W-well, um, bye." I stood up from my seat and left, tears welling up in my eyes. What were they doing? Did they not like me anymore? I sighed and raced back home. I needed to get away for a moment, away from everyone. Once I headed back home and sat in my room, I got a phone call. It was from them. I answered, hoping for something not terrible.

"So, you're a faggot then, Troye?" They asked mockingly. I wanted to hang up, but for some reason I stayed on the line. "Y-yeah, I am, so?" I asked nervously. I could hear the laughter from the other side.

"Seriously?! The fuck?! I knew you were a bitch before, but you're really taking it to the next step!!" Their laughter got louder. They took turns shouting insults into the phone.

"You're a fucking loser! Go suck your dicks away from us, you man whore!!"

"I bet you cut every night because everyone hates you! You're a little faggot, fuck off!"

My best friends, telling me these things. I didn't understand. What did I do wrong? I hung up and threw my phone against the wall. Tears flowed down my face, and they wouldn't stop. These people were my only friends, and now they hate me. They always hated me. I just never knew it...

***

I sob into Tyler's shoulder as I pause my story. He traces his finger along my back and runs his hand through my hair. "I-it was t-terrible, Tyler...." I cry wiping my nose with my sleeve. He nods sadly.

"I know.... I'm so sorry....." I didn't look up at him, but I could tell he was crying, too. I hug him tightly, and clear my throat. "D-do I have to go on...?" I ask, anxiously. The sternness in his voice surprises me.

"Yes. Tell me everything." I nod slowly and press my head back into his chest.

"B-but you're going to hate me...."

Tyler's POV

"Troye Sivan Mellet, there is no way in HELL that I will ever hate you." I argue, pulling his body closer to me. This is all just so confusing. It's happening so fast! One second, Troye is happy like usual, but now... Suddenly he just breaks down!

"B-but the pills, a-and..." He mumbles towards the end of his sentence, so I can't hear what he says.

"And what....?"

Troye lets out a abnormally loud sob that melts my heart. I hush him and wipe his tears, but they just keep flowing.

"I-I.... I hurt him... T-Tilly....."

I look at him confused. "Who?" I ask. He just shakes his head. I bite my lip impatiently. "Troye, please tell me..." After a moment of silence, Troye finally nods and clears his throat. His voice is so shaky and crooked. It makes me want to cry.

"Deep breaths, TimTam.... What happened?" I ask him.

"I-I couldn't handle all my friends doing this to me.... S-so I.... I...."

Troye's POV

"Ew, it's a faggot!" He said when he opened the door. I clenched my fists angrily. "Shut. The fuck. Up." I growled through gritted teeth. My blood boiled up inside me. I couldn't help it anymore. He just laughed. "Why should I listen to some gay fuck up like you?" That was it. I felt my heart shatter and I let my reflexes overpower me. I took him by his shirt collar and shoved him against the wall. His eyes widened as he struggled to get free of my grasp. "H-hey, let go!!" He yelled, thrashing at me. I just kept him against the wall, and I brought my other fist up and slammed it against his jaw. I let go of him, and he collapsed to the floor.

"W-what the fuck..?!" He stammered, getting up shakily. He threw his fist at me, but I dodged it. I grabbed him by his head and tossed him against the floor. I heard a cracking sound that made me snap myself back into reality. He clutched to his leg, letting out sobs of pain. I backed away, shaking my head furiously, my fingers twitching and my eyes filling with tears. I turned around and rushed out the door, slamming it behind me. What did I just do? I wiped my forming tears and rushed home, my breathing unsteady and my whole body shaking.

As I ran, I bumped into a man. "Sorry." I mumbled, but as I was about to cross the street, he grabbed me by the wrist. "Hey. Ya seem troubled." He said. I looked at him. His hair was long and matted, teeth missing, and his clothes were clumped with dirt. I nodded, a little freaked. "Y-yeah. And?" I asked nervously. He smirked, and reached into his pocket. "I get these to calm me down. Want one? Or two?" he took out this zip-lock back filled with little white tablets.

My brain was freaking out on me. I would chose anything to forget at this point. "G-give me all of them." I said, breathing heavily. He nodded, smiling a crooked smile. He didn't even ask for money. He just handed them to me and walked away, chuckling under his breath. I stuffed the little bag in my jacket pocket and headed home. All I wanted to do was to forget. But it didn't work.

---------------------------------------------- A.N. PLEASE FORGIVE ME MY LITTLE EGGPLANTS! I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN SO LONG! Okay i was having massive writers block and my band "Outbreak" (lol promo) have been doing so much, so i haven't had much time to write! But i finally had time to write!! Hope you guys enjoy!

- Soup

🍆