1-2-3

"Where have you been?" Yoo-Jin hissed, grabbing her by the arm he propelled her towards the double doors not caring if her tight formal slippers required her to walk slowly. "He has been waiting for you, you stupid halfling."

Roughly, Yoo-Jin pushed her through the doors, but Ahzma was careful enough not to let herself trip. Half stumbling, she quickly righted herself just over the threshold. Keeping her eyes lowered, she walked gracefully with small practiced steps underneath her long silk skirts into the grand room. This was the palace's finest room, this was where all the formal guest, dignitaries, and elite were meet with the royal family of Upra. Stopping at the edge of the fine embroidered rug, as she was trained, Ahzma waited.

"My lord please forgive me, this is my sister Ahzma Ji the princess of Upra," it was always startling to hear her brother introduce her formally. Ahzma was only ever used to his viscous remarks and scathing nicknames, she rarely heard her own name in her house much less her formal title.

Bowing deeper at the waist, Ahzma waited for the person's reply. After a few silent seconds, she lifted cautiously and peaked up beneath her lashes. There was no one there.

Some of the finest furniture in all of Upra was in this room. Two large chairs sat in the center of the room in front of an ornate sofa, all three pieces carved from the bones of sacred Marmut beast that roamed the grasslands in the East. A large clock inlaid in gold and Simpra Titanium was on the far-left wall, standing like a great colossus over the room, nearly touching the thirteen-foot ceiling. Other extraordinarily expensive pieces of artwork and decorative furniture littered the room in between the large windows, reminding every visitor of Upra wealth.

Or at least wealth that once was, she thought with a sigh.

She wanted to turn to her brother, to see what he was thinking. Was this another one of his cruel jokes? It didn't seem likely though, the more she thought about it. Yoo-Jin was cruel, twisted, abusive and many more things but above all he was lazy. Surely, he wouldn't have told her for a week now about this "fake" visit with the Prince of Narvis galaxy, a small unknown, heavily guarded galaxy far from Upra.

Just as she was about to turn her head to look back at Yoo-Jin for answers, he stepped forward from behind her grabbing her elbow with a painful grip. Years of training kept her from crying out, the punishment would be so much worse if she dared make a fool of herself. Tugging her along, he rounded the sofa and forced her to stop abruptly just in front of the low table in between the chairs and sofa.

"My Lord," Yoo-Jin acknowledged again towards the empty chairs, giving her a veiled threatening hint to follow suit.

Ahzma felt a stirring of panic in her stomach. What was going on? There was no one here. What did Yoo-jin want her to do to an empty chair.

Swallowing nervously, she resisted wiping her sweaty hands against the careful crisp pleats of her silk skirts. Passing her eyes over the chair and floor she paused. The carpet just in front of the chair was flat in two places. As if depressed by something very very heavy. Instinct told her what she was registering, but the logical side of her mind fought it. But she couldn't wait any longer, every second of her hesitation, she could feel Yoo-Jin's anger rising.

Holding out her right hand she extended to the hair. Keeping her head straight she stared to the windows in the back of the room. "It is my honor, my lord."

Time seemed to disappear as she felt air around her hand shift. Suddenly, she felt the electrifying contact against her hand. It was so startling, Ahzma had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from jumping with a cry. There was someone here, someone she couldn't see standing right in front of her.