16

It only took a few days for the greenhouses to be printed in the large factory that produced most of the yautja ships and weapons. Once completed, both Ember and Ahzma watched as they were loaded onto the ship. Ahzma was excited to learn that Ember and Okaj would be joining her and Rakkah to Tani, along with her mate Akur. Traveling at a faster speed than before, Rakkah had informed her it would only take two days to get to Tani.

Excitement could not begin to describe what she was feeling. Never did she think she would have the opportunity to see her people again like this: free from an oppressive rule, happy with her new life, and now finally able to provide stability to her people. In the past few days, Ahzma found herself crying more than once at the surge of happiness, a habit that seemed to leave Rakkah visibly disconcerted when he saw it. Since the night she fell unconscious, Rakkah's lovemaking was more subdued—and it was driving her crazy. Even though he still brought her to the ultimate point of satisfaction it still left her feeling desperate for more. She tried to reassure him that she was perfectly fine accepting more from him and that she loved his wild lovemaking but each time he simply gave her a noncommittal grunt and ignored her arguments.

Standing in their chambers aboard the ship, she watched with fascination as Rakkah pressed a button on the wall which activated a hidden panel. Silently, a large wall extended from the long narrow panel, revealing a display of various weapons and armaments. Stepping closer, she examined each piece as Rakkah began to dress. Watching him select a pair of black gauntlets she looked at the silver pair that were mounted on the wall near her.

Sneaking a glance to Rakkah and back to the gauntlet, she nibbled at her bottom lip at the sudden urge of curiosity. She wanted to try it on. Hovering her hand just above the piece she paused and looked back to Rakkah. Gold eyes shined back at her, catching her in the act.

Dropping her hand immediately, Ahzma stepped back in heated embarrassment. "I was just...curious to see..."

Reaching past her, Rakkah plucked the heavy piece of gear from the wall and held it in front of her. Silently, he signaled for her arm, which she excitedly held out. Clamping the gauntlet to her arm, Rakkah released his hold on it and her arm dropped like a stone under the gauntlet's weight. Any other time Rakkah's deep chuckle would have been nice to hear, but not now. Giving him an annoyed look, she lifted her weighted arm back up and examined the gauntlet.

"Does it have a computer in it like yours?"

Reaching out for her other free hand, he lifted it and worked his fingers on top of hers like a puppeteer, making her select the hidden button on the gauntlet. Immediately, the flat portion of the gauntlet lit up revealing the screen in the red foreign text.

"Wow," she exclaimed, wanting desperately to fiddle with the buttons. "I wish I could read it, then I could send you messages all day while you are in meetings."

Ahzma laughed at his snort-like grunt at the statement. "What else does it do?" she asked.

Stepping behind her, he placed one hand on her exposed stomach beneath her bandeau top causing ripples of pleasure to course through her. Looking up to him, she watched him tilt his head down to look at her, causing some of his long dreads to fall over each of her shoulders. Extending his other arm out to her side, he held his hand palm up in silent demonstration before making a sudden hard fist.

The singing sound of metal sliding out with a whoosh startled her as she stared wide eyed at the sudden dual jagged blade that appeared out of the gauntlet. Awe struck she stared at the three-foot blade and back to her own gauntlet.

"How does that even come out of there?" she stammered.

Bringing the blade closer so that it crossed horizontally over her body, Ahzma stiffened against him. Gently, his hand at her stomach caressed her in silent reassurance. Looking down at the wicked dual blade together, he pointed at the three nearly invisible lines in the blade.