𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Ava.
August 2015.

...

"Hi, welcome, you must be our new neighbours" she gave them a warm smile.

"Hey" the shy 14 year old said

"hello" Her dad said giving a small smile

"come in, come in" she said beckoning them inside.

As soon as Ava stepped in she smelt the scent of a home. A proper, well used, loving home. She hasn't been into a house like this since her first home, since her mothers home. [ava never remembers her mom living there but she was told she did] It made her kind of sad but also made her happy that places like this still exist even if she cant have one. She didn't really ever know her mom so i guess Ava never missed her but she was always hoping she could know her one day.

As she looked around she could see photos, something they've never been able to have due to moving all the time. She could hear noise, music, people. It was such a happy atmosphere yet it was broken so soon.

"Mom have you seen my black thrasher shirt!?" They heard a boy shout from upstairs

"Hunny, i told you its in the wash, also can you all come say hi to our guests."

"finee one minute" he called

Suddenly movement could be heard and there was a echo of thuds from upstairs as people made their way down

Ava saw Maddie first and she was carrying a younger boy about 3 or 4 who she assumed is her brother

"Okay so my names Liz Williams and i'm guessing you've met my daughter Maddie" she said looking to her left "and that there is my youngest son Jordan but we all call him Jordi" she said signalling at the todler

Ava being her shy self just stood there and nodded smiling at each of them so she wouldn't come across rude.

"my husband Mike is out getting last minute drinks and that there must be Brandon" she said referring to the door that was just slammed shut upstairs. "Do you want to come through and you girls can go talk upstairs. Also keep an eye on your brother Mads" she asked and my dad nodded following her.

"hey, nice hoodie" Maddie said as their parents started walking towards the kitchen

"thanks, its new"

Before Maddie could reply Jordan gave a small giggle,

"aw you're brothers so cute" Ava said smiling at the little boy that Maddie was holding

"Thank you" Someone said in a cheeky tone from the landing.

"Wrong brother stupid" Maddie said to him rolling her eyes

"im not stupid" he replied

"says the boy who got held back a year" she says and he replies by pulling a face at her

Ava eventually turned around, looking at the boy walking downstairs and recognised the boy almost immediately.

"oh look who it is" He said as their eyes locked together but were shortly broken by her looking down "guessing you gained your balance?" he said laughing quietly but ava saw it.

"yeah i guess" is all that came out of the quiet girls mouth. She wanted to give him a piece of her mind but she couldn't get the words out. They were basically trapped in her mouth.

"you know, you look familiar" Brandon said as he grabbed his jacket from the bottom of the railing. "Strange"

"well you did almost knock me over earlier" she mumbled just loud enough to be heard.