𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

Zach & Ava.
October 2015.

...

It's been a few days since Zach took the bracelet, Ava's been doing her best to avoid him but today that would be difficult as they were doing group work and Zach and Ava were undeniably going to end up in the same group. It's almost as if fate had it out for them to end up together and yeah that sounds cliche but it's true.

"...and group 1 are doing the scavenger hunt now, so follow me" Miss Lewis called out in the hall full of kids. 

"Bye Ava and remember just ignore him" Maddie said as Ava walked away from her, towards Miss. Since Maddies surname was Williams and the groups were register order, Ava, being Hayden was at the other end.. with Zach.

"bye Madsss" She called and turned away.

As group 1 followed miss to the Museum of ancient history, she was explaining the task to them all, how they would have to get in pairs and work together to complete the 'scavenger trail' making sure to be the first team to record all the correct dates on the sheet given to them. 

As they arrived one familiar girl called out;

"Miss can we choose our pairs!?" This pulled everyone's attention and although Ava didn't want to end up with Zach, she hadn't exactly made many friends since she was fairly new and so she was hoping it would be set pairs, just not him.

"Yes, miss Elbro, you may choose your partners"

Oh yeah did i not mention Zach little suck up minion, Aimee, was in their group!? 

Well she is which for Ava turned out well as that would mean Aimee would do anything in her power to get between them. On the other hand, however, Ava couldn't stand it, all she wanted was her best friend to be happy and that wasn't possible when there was another girl stealing every chance. But that's fine i guess because they don't like Zach at the moment, right?

"Oh and when you're in pairs, come grab a sheet and you can head off" She called quickly before the Foyer was filled with a loud echoing raw of people finding their partners.

"Zachyyy" Aimee squealed from the other end of the hall, this was however loud enough for everyone to hear. Especially Ava who was stood there quietly in the corner, with her chin down, waiting to see who was the last left. 

"Urm sorry Aimee i already have a partner" Zach mumbled so only she could hear and before long, with a huff, she had stormed out the room with another girl in their year.

It was coming down to very few people when Ava noticed someones legs in front of her, as she scanned up to meet their face, she rolled her eyes because she could tell it was Zach.

"What do you want?!" Ava huffed

"There's nobody else to go with" He said in a duhhh tone.

"Ugh finee" she said brushing past him to grab a sheet. 

...

It had been about 30 minutes walking, with Zach plodding behind Ava awkwardly as she filled in the worksheet, before he finally spoke up;

"Why are u so mad at me!?" This obviously earning himself a small laugh from her "What? I know i pushed you over but so what, you stole the most important thing in my life!"

"But that's the thing," Ava said as she stopped walking and turned to face him "I didn't"

"Yeah sure!? You expect me to believe that you somehow have the exact same charm bracelet reading the exact same message as mine! And may I add from a small market stall that sold them before we were even born!?" 

"Oh yeah, well i do, and it happens to be my most prized possession too" Ava stated! "it's from...

"San Leon, Texas. 1997" Ava started but was joined by Zach half way through.

"Here, if you don't believe me i'll even show you" Ava said reaching out. Zach passed his wrist over and Ava turned it over to show a little 'A' engraved on the back of the charm.

"Ava i'm really sorry" Zach said feeling stupid "i guess the chances are so small that i didn't believe it was possible" As he said this he took the bracelet of and gave it back to her, watching her walk away.

...

Sry for the short update,  It gets better i promise <33