< F I F T E E N >

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song--------------}

< F I F T E E N >

Arden’s eyes watch her opponent as he looks into her eyes. His lips are pulled back, baring his fangs, as his eyes are wild with challenge. She knows what he’s about to do and she prepares her body for the blow about to come. As she expected he surges forward and growls aggressively at her. Having expected it though Arden simply steps out of the way before circling around so her back is not to him. She can’t let him have the advantage of pinning her.

Arden refuses to lose.

When Alpha Hank had originally suggested the idea of sparing Sam had immediately shot it down. He seemed to have noticed the way she stiffened beside him at the mention of fighting but though she appreciated him sticking up for her she knew it wasn’t the way it should be. She needed to know how to fight more efficiently if she was going to be a part of White Moon.

So she agreed to do it.

Now looking into the focused brown eyes of her opponent, a male named Cyrus, she feels the more animalistic side of her rise. Protect, defend and win is the mantra her wolf is feeding her and she’s feeling power rise inside of her at the encouragement. She wants to make Sam proud to have her as a mate and she wants to be worthy of her place in the pack.

Cyrus springs forward again and this time she isn’t prepared. She whimpers loudly as his teeth dig into the flesh of her shoulder. She feels some of Sam’s second hand anxiety flow into her mind vaguely and wishes he hadn’t come to watch. She knew he’d get antsy with her fighting but the stubborn ass just wouldn’t listen to her warnings about how violent sparing could get.

“Get him off her!” Sam demands of Alpha Hank.

“No. She needs to get him off herself.”

Sam growls in frustration, “And what if she can’t.”

“Then she’s not as strong as she needs to be and she will do it over and over again until she is.”

“This is bullshit!”

Cyrus tightens his jaws on her neck making her cry out louder out of instinct.

“Samuel, she needs to learn. Please calm down.” May’s calming voice tries to reason with him but Sam is not having it.

“Do you see this, May? Do see that her shoulder is in that fucking mutts mouth? I’m I the only one concerned she’s hurt here?”

“Sam, just—“

Arden closes her eyes and raises a paw slams it into Cyrus’ neck. It’s his turn to cry out in pain in a high-pitched whine. Arden takes the opportunity to retch out her claws and use her massive paws to push his head off her with her claws extended into his muzzle. He cries out again and unlatches himself from her neck. With as much strength as she can muster she pushes him back making him fall onto his back. He wiggles on his back trying to get back up but she’s too fast for him to succeed. Jumping on top of him she pins him to the ground and snarls against his throat so he knows how ready she could be to rip his throat clean out.

“Pin.” Alpha Hank chirps happily. “Arden wins.”

Arden jumps off Cyrus at the announcement of her victory and fights the urge to howl in pride. She won against a seasoned fighter! It has to mean something good right? Cyrus flips onto his stomach and lifts himself to his full height narrowing his dark brown eyes at her as he gives her a judging once over. Arden’s wolf growls in her head at his disrespect but Arden doesn’t let it out.