6

bambam smiled brightly, looking around as he held hands with mark. they had just gotten off their plane and were walking to get their luggage and find mark's dad.

bambam was glad to be in a warm place again. la wasn't as warm as thailand but it also wasn't as cold as where they went to college.

bambam gave mark's dad a large hug when they found him. no only did he already love mark's dad, he treated him as if really was his dad. he always took care of bambam the same way he took care of mark and was even willing to buy bambam a plane ticket so he didn't have to spend the holidays away from any family at all.

bambam sat in the backseat of the car while mark slept in the passenger seat. they had an hour and a half drive to the house and the plane ride had taken a bit out of them since they had to be there so early.

bambam spend the entire hour and a half texting yugyeom who was hiding out in his room so he could talk to bambam in peace without his family asking too many questions.

bambam fell asleep with his phone still on and accidentally sent a few texts of autocorrected gibberish to yugyeom. mark, when they got to the house, grabbed bambam's phone and put it in his pocket before lugging bambam out of the car.

mark carried bambam to his old room which had been turned into a guest room when he moved out. as mark laid bambam on the bed, bambam began to wake up and groaned as he looked around.

"we're here?" bambam asked, still disoriented from just being asleep. "do you know where my phone is? i was texting yuggie."

mark gave bambam his phone but told him to come with him to see him mom. no one else was there yet because they had jobs and kids so they could only be there for a few days.

bambam texted yugyeom, apologizing for the random words and then not reply, accidentally scaring yugyeom and making him think something was wrong.

that night, bambam snuck outside on the front porch and called yugyeom. bambam felt bad because it was a bit later for yugyeom but he insisted he didn't mind because he wouldn't have to be up by a certain time.

"i really miss you already, gyeom," bambam spoke quietly even thought he was outside and no one could hear him. the conversation was too private for anyone else to hear. "i hope you're having fun with your family."

"i am. i miss you, too, though. it's really weird 'cause we usually see each other everyday," yugyeom, with a rougher voice than normal, chuckled lightly. bambam knew he had to be tired because it was nearly three in the morning for yugyeom.

"you should go to sleep. i'll talk to you tomorrow, gyomie."

"talk to you later, bammie." they hung up and bambam quietly snuck into the house and back into the bed he was sharing with mark.

mark, who was awake, acted like he was still asleep and hugged bambam in an attempt to comfort the sniffling boy. bambam seemed to accept it and tightly wrapped his arms around mark.

mark knew bambam had reasons to be upset. he knew bambam missed yugyeom but he also must have missed his family. it would be the first time he would spend the holidays away from his family.

"are you awake?" bambam whispered, getting no reply from mark. mark would talk to bambam in the morning but he wanted bambam to sleep. it was too late for bambam, only 16 years old, to be awake.

the next morning, mark held bambam and let him cry about his family and yugyeom. he told mark that his mom's phone was off because she couldn't afford to pay it so he couldn't call her for a few days. he cried about missing yugyeom. but he also thanked mark for treating him like a brother and letting him spend the holidays with them.

"bambam, i will bring you here every year that you don't have anywhere else to go. you don't have to thank me. but i hope next year you will be able to go see your family during break. they're probably so proud of you and i'm sure they understand why you couldn't be there. and yugyeom is probably missing you just as much as you miss him. the four weeks will go by so quick, it will feel like just a few days."

while they were there, mark's family accepted bambam with open arms. even people he hadn't met yet said they had heard so much about him, to which mark ruffled bambam's hair because it had obviously been him to tell them.

bambam was seen as a little brother to everyone there. he felt so much love from mark's family and it really made him feel like he was at home there. it was obviously pretty different from thailand but he felt the same.