-25-

Hahahahaha you people expected this to begin in some awesome fight but nope the annoying unknown narrator is here! I guess it's time to give a hint of who I am... Aka the author said to or she threatened to kill me off (somehow)and we don't want that. I'm apart of the Primordial Council, and remember last time when I made that wonderful pun? (it's dawned (haha I'm punny) on me that you may not know who I am. Hang in there.)

Yeah, two hints. And here are another two hints: My name only has 3 letters, and my sister is the beautiful Titaness Selene. Okay, back to Percy... Or Maelstrom, or Mystique, or whatever his name is now.
***
Randel seemed rather comfortable in the clone and, like a parasite, him using power took power from Percy himself. Randel, on the other hand, was zipping through the soldiers as if he couldn't feel a thing. Percy had barely moved and he was already exhausted.

The clone that killed the men who killed Silas stood still, not moving, the cloak shadowing its face in almost an eerie way, only the chin plainly visibly. Percy was tired and watched as Randel devastated the army. No matter how much Randel moved, the men couldn't keep up. He had killed two-thirds of the army before he returned to Percy's side.

"This is great! It's like being in your body but it doesn't get tired!" Randel said, fully amped to go for another round. "You may not get tired, but I do. Thanks for taking most of them out. Come back." Percy said. Randel tilted his cloaked head, probably in confusion, but his clone host went limp, and Percy felt Randel's presence return to his mind.

Immediately, a wave of exhaustion and nausea hit him. As soon as Randel returned, however, the clone that had remained still the whole time awakened from its dormant state and raised its hand straight out in front of it. He slowly began to curl his fingers, and soldiers in the front line began to scream, falling to the ground. Percy could see the blood being held in one place, the skin turning blue. When the clone's hand closed into a tight fist, Percy could see the life disappearing from his eyes.

Percy was still standing, though he was weak. The clone raised his hand again to finish off another line of soldiers, and Percy yelled at him. "Stop! No more!" Percy felt like a parent, and half expected himself to start saying, 'Now go to your room and think about what you've done!'

At Percy's words, the clone's hand stopped its fingers in mid curl. The men continued screaming in agony and pain, but that was as far as it got, and as far as Percy would let it go. They were defending themselves, yes, but there was no need for torture. "Release them."

The clone did so immediately. Percy didn't even know how he made the clone in the first place but it seemed that the clone listened to his every command. Maybe, if he told it to, it'll... Uncreate itself?

'Is that even a word?' Randel asked. I thought you couldn't hear my thoughts. Percy said. 'Not your inner thoughts. You are loud as hell right now.' Randel huffed.

"Archers! Fire!" Flaming arrows came hurling towards Percy and his clones, one being just a cold body without it being a host to Randel, and the other stuck in a 'sit and stay' command. Percy was only standing up now, with the added strength of Randel, who couldn't force Percy's fatigued body to stand on its own forever.

The arrows were dangerously close, as Percy used his last remaining strength, to raise his hand, but black dots danced across his vision before he knew exactly what he had accomplished by doing so.

***

Percy woke up in a dead sprint, carrying Mel in his arms. He was wearing a bedsheet rather than his bandages, but nevertheless, it was a bedsheet that he didn't want on. He had no idea what he was running from, or how he was running.

'You're finally awake. How was your nap?' Randel said, his voice sounding even more snappy than ever. How long have I been out? Percy thought to him. 'Not long. Just three weeks.'

JuST thRee wEEkS.

So... Why are we running? Percy asked. 'Well, when you went to sleep, you managed to use the fire of the arrows against the men who shot them, taking almost all of them and few escaped. Your friend who likes torture so much took all of your arrows, then he walked it off. The clone I was using wouldn't move for skid diddly squat, so he got shot a few times before he disintegrated. Can you make another one? Pleeeaaassseee?' Randel begged.

Skid diddly squat? 'I found it in your mind while you were unconscious. Thought I would try it out.' Randel informed him.

You never answered the 'why are we running?' question. Percy told him. 'Ohhhh yeahhhhhh. Well, a lot of people hate you, as in me, as in us, as in you burned the already hot planet. Some are thankful though because you obliterated just almost all of the royal army. That's how we've been feeding ourselves, and someone gave you a shirt and Mel some shoes.' Randel said it so calmly, as if there was nothing wrong.

Citizens are chasing us? Percy asked. 'Not anymore. Now it's a couple of soldiers. Sadly if I exhaust your body anymore there is a chance of you dying. And unless your friend accepts me as a host then I'll die too. And that is a nono.'

Since when did Randel say 'nono'? 'You're really slow today, huh? I got it from your mind.'

Whatever. I want my body back. Percy said. 'Aww, no please?' Randel cooed even while he was releasing his control so Percy gained it. His legs felt like jelly, but they were somehow still running. Percy, like any other protagonist, looked back at what was chasing him. Yes, what. The little creatures that had chased him before had a big, big, sibling. Granted it was pretty slow but bigger than anything Percy had ever seen.

Percy sped up to full speed, leaving the giant behind. He was tired beyond words. His body was overworked. He could almost swear that his body was just going to give up and drop to the ground. Guess that wasn't beyond words after all. Mel was covered from any prying eyes of the onlooking citizens. There were many worried faces, but no one dared to come forward.

The giant was tired, breathing hard as it high-kneed after them. The ground shook violently with every step it took. The giant had no recognizable features, as Percy hadn't decided if that long tube thing was its mouth, nose, or just its actual face, and the best comparison he could say even remotely related to how the giant looked was a blobfish. A battered, beaten, burned alive, deformed mutant blobfish. With armor, let's not forget the armor

The giant couldn't chase Percy forever, just like Percy couldn't run away forever. It... Was not fun, to put it mildly. Percy nearly fell over when Randel's clone came out of nowhere. There was a huge crashing sound and something that Percy hadn't really understood at first happened.

Everyone bowed. And he saw a few familiar faces.

And that's that part! Comment your thoughts, and thanks for reading.
                     ~DemonsFromAbove