-41-

"Who are you?" Percy asked, suddenly finding the voice to talk.

"I am Eos, goddess of Dawn." The woman said.

"Okay... What are you, or I, doing here?" Percy asked.

"Void has forcefully taken over you as his host. But since you have proven to be the one wearing the pants in this relationship, he is nearly powerless, not even having enough power to control his own domain entirely." Eos said. "You are drifting inside your mind, but also Void's mind."

"So this is... Void's mind?" Percy asked, darting his eyes to look around. There was nothing but darkness. Void's mind was really empty. Hahaha! Idiot.

"Yes, as he is in control, you are in his version of your mind where it is mostly Void. That is where your... Most interesting new persona comes in. He's a split between you two, due to the fact that you two are about as compatible as a tiger and a frog." Eos said.
"... He's the frog, right?" Percy asked.

Eos decided to ignore that question.

Before she began to speak again, Percy asked another question.

"If this is Void's mind, how are you here?" "I, along with a lot of gods and goddesses, faded a long time ago. They end up here." Eos said.

"So... Wait... Why did you guys have to come here? Isn't this place bad?" Percy asked.

"The Void is a mass of empty space. Those who come here with a clear conscious can create there own 'paradise'. That is the case with Pan, who's probably wandering around in a forest somewhere." Eos explained.

"Oh... Well, why are we having this conversation? Are you meant to help me, or have you grown bored in your own paradise?"

Eos sighed.

"Hero, this land is but a beautiful prison. The definition of a paradise varies, and this isn't it. Not for me." She shrugs.

"Plus, Zeus is here. He and his father and grandfather will be at it. Void needs to pay for that." Eos added.

She lifted her hands and a brilliant light began to fabricate out of the darkness. "Wait! About Randel..." Percy started. Eos looked at him sadly.

"Good luck, hero. Void will not go down without a fight."

The light enveloped Percy. The feeling in his body returned, and he was momentarily blinded in the light.

The goddess of Dawn had confirmed what he thought. Randel was dead. The light died down, and Percy was on his feet, wrapped in a blue bedsheet, and facing the three people he hated most in the world.

"Perseus Jackson. You still have much to do."

The last people Percy had wanted to see were the Fates but here they were, old and wrinkly, all high and mighty. These really were children of Zeus. They annoy him almost as much as the sky god.

The old ladies didn't let him get a word in.

"You must separate yourself from Void or the universe will end. But you will not survive. Not in this life."

Percy scoffed.

"So you're telling me, that you're gonna control my life, and then say when I die?" Percy asked, his anger rising.

"Young hero, your death date has been set, and your life will come to an end. You can not defy your destiny."

"Right. Are you gonna send me there or am I going to have to start tearing through dimensions to get to Void?" Percy asked.

"You will be remembered, hero. We swear on the Styx to ensure that." The old ladies said in unison raising their hands as light filled Percy's vision.

There was no reason for the Fates to promise that he would be remembered. Percy would be there if they happened to forget.

(°_°)[^-^](×_×)

"Have you thought it over? Do you know that it is futile to fight against me?" Void asked. His friends were scattered around, most of then unconscious. Olympia was alive, she hadn't turned to dust. Nico's skeletons were still fighting with Iggy, though they kept getting scattered into pieces they still got up. Nico, on the other hand, laid on the ground with his eyes half-open.

Clarisse, Travis, and Luke were still breathing. Will was alive, though he seemed to be in a lot of pain. He was up and attempting to heal wounds, but his healing abilities proved to be too weak to be effective. Katie was sickly green and Sephie was there too-- he looked dead but he was still present.

Randel was on the ground, blood seeping from his neck. He had been forced to take up another form once he was kicked out by Void. And the Karpoi he had inhabited was dead. And Randel could be dead too.

"I tried to keep them alive--it was an unfair fight and all-- but the tiny one had gotten too close." Void said carelessly.

Percy clenched his jaw. There should be more people. Demigods. Void had been weakened enough to be defeated by them. Apollo had failed. Had he worked for Percy or Void? He had known the difference. If Apollo didn't work for Void, he wouldn't have told the demigods where to find Grover until they had an army organized. Someone else must have told them. But how would they know?

"I've thought it over," Percy said, out loud. Iggy and Bri looked over, away from their fight with the skeletons. They quickly realized their mistake and turned their attention to the persistent skeletons.

"You have, have you? That's funny since I'm still in a reinforced box in your mind. You aren't saying that you're going to continue fighting me? In the end, you know, all of this resistance will only result in your death." Void said.

Percy closed his eyes, and with his body obscured by a mass of darkness, he pulled himself into his own mind. My mind is also the void. Fuck any type of physics, I'm going into my own mind.

To people watching, it looked as if Percy had blinked out of existence.

"What have you done?!" Void exclaimed as he saw the mass of power in front of him. This is the first time Percy had ever been face to face with Void. He was a silhouette of a man, or maybe a shadow. He'd be either of those if there was actually someone there.

"There is only one way to get out of my mind now. One of us has to die, or admit defeat." Percy stated this, and the power warping around him died down. His murky sea-green eyes swirled with darkness as he wrapped himself in a protective layer of fire.

Void smirked, the whiteness of his teeth contrasting greatly against his shadow of a body.

"Actually, there are two ways." Void said.

He attacked first.

The End.

Hahaha kidding. Next part is the last chapter. There might be an Epilogue, but that's up to you guys. Also, sorry about the cliffhanger and the lack of updates lately, but I hope you enjoyed this part.

Au revoir readers,
                           DemonsFromAbove