xliv.

40:05:45

-

"Yoongi," Lee greeted, Lisa following him inside.

"You're back," Yoongi muttered. "Surprise, surprise. Has it taken you this long to realize that I didn't murder that bastard?"

"Given your almost complete lack of cooperation?" Lee said back, his tone dry as he sat down. "Still working on it."

"Fine," Yoongi said, clenching his jaw as though fighting against the words that came out of his mouth. "Then I'll tell you."

Lee just raised an eyebrow. "That easily, huh?"

"Maybe I got sick of seeing your ugly face," Yoongi retorted.

"Or maybe you only resisted so long so you could see it more," Lee answered back before crossing his arms. "So, last night. What happened?"

Yoongi stared at Lee for a long moment, facial muscles still clenched. "I went out driving."

"Where were you going?"

"Nowhere," Yoongi answered. "Just needed some time to think."

"Then what?"

Yoongi was quiet for longer this time, but Lee knew better than to put on too much pressure. "I was driving, and I started seizing a little bit."

"You had a seizure?" Lee asked, tilting his head and furrowing his brow. "While driving?"

"That's why there's a dent in my car," Yoongi answered, scowling. "Some people can kind of sense when a seizure's about to start, and when I got the feeling, I tried to get over as fast as I could so I didn't cause an accident, only I ended up hitting the rear bumper of a car that was parallel parked."

"So you pulled over, and then what? Did you call an ambulance?"

"No," Yoongi replied with a shrug. "It wasn't a bad seizure. And I mean, there's not much you can do except get comfortable and wait it out. I didn't want to call an ambulance because then my dad would realize that I'd stopped taking my medication." When he saw Lee's look, he crossed his arms. "I haven't had any epileptic symptoms in a year, okay. Some people grow out of it. I thought I was done with all that, and I turned out to be wrong."

Lee read Yoongi's defensive body language before coming to the conclusion that Yoongi wasn't lying (or at least, not intentionally). "All right," he said after a moment. "So who can I confirm your story with?"

"The guy whose car I hit," Yoongi said, frowning. "After it stopped, I got out to check the car and I left my number under his windshield. I wrote down the license plate, too," Yoongi said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. He dropped it on the table, leaving Lee to reach over and smooth the paper out, revealing a 7-character alphanumeric pattern.

"All right," Lee said. "I'll get in touch with him and let him know what happened. Hopefully he won't press charges or try to file against you."

"Let him," Yoongi argued, less because he didn't want to pay and more because he was programmed to disagree with people who showed him kindness. "I'll pay the damages. It was my fault."

"You were having a medical emergency," Lee said, an eyebrow raised. That makes two brothers. "I hardly think it's fair that-"

"I told you, I'll pay for what I did," Yoongi argued back.

Lee just sighed, making a mental note to speak to the car owner and try to plead Yoongi's case anyway. "What made you decide to tell me all this now?"