Chapter Two: Officer

Silence. The atmosphere was full of silence on the plane. My eyes are glued to the window to avoid looking at the figure in front of me. Ryan and I still haven't said a word to each other. That's fine. I have nothing to say to him till he apologizes.

The plane ended up landing in an open field of concrete behind the palace. We were greeted by other planes as well. Boy was this palace gorgeous! Tan bricks coated the structure of the caste. Everywhere you looked there was always a piece of ancient architecture greeting you. You could combine three mansions together and it still wouldn't beat the height and width of this castle. It's going to take a long time setting up cameras. Why did the palace have to be so colossal? I really shouldn't complain though, since I'm going to be living in this heavenly place.

There was another plane parked next to ours. The words France Airline were plaster on the side of it. A young girl around my age was coming down the plane's steps. A young man in a navy blue suit accompanied his hand to support her. He also wore a white dress shirt underneath along with a blood-red tie. He was wearing our American Flag colors. How ironic.

The young girl finally made it to the ground and adjusted her cocktail dress. It was stunning. She was stunning. The coral sleeves of her dress hanged off her shoulders. The dress showed off her thin waist and fell to her ankles. There was a long slit that exposed her leg. Her straight blond hair hung past her waist. Our eyes met in the window. Those ocean blue eyes were to die for. I was so jealous! I had these poopy dark brown eyes. She sent me a smile and I gave her a polite nod before fixing my eyes to the floor.

I didn't belong here. These girls in the selection were all probably going to be beautiful and have these slim model bodies. I, on the other hand, had these man muscles and huge legs. A knock on the door caused my heart to stop beating. I was frozen in place. My eyes reached Ryan and caught those green eyes staring at me. This will probably be the last time I see Ryan for a while. This is our goodbye yet he says nothing. I rise up from my seat with a sigh and make my way towards the door. My hand reaches to turn the knob.

"Omi wait," Ryan called breathlessly. I keep my eyes glued to the knob. So now he wants to talk.

"So he speaks." I fume. It goes quiet. I open my mouth to bark, "What do you want Ryan?" This time I turn to face him. It surprised me to find him off his chair standing. His eyes fall to the gadget briefcase his hand is gripping.

"Don't forget this." He tries handing me the briefcase, but I just stare at it. Is he serious? I don't even get a goodbye? This makes my blood boil. Another knock on the door causes me to jump. I should probably get that.

I couldn't even look at him because I was so hurt. I had to get out of here. Goodbye Ryan. I didn't have the strength to say it to him. My hand snatched the briefcase from Ryan causing him to tumble a little. Not gonna lie, that did make me wanna do a little happy dance inside. With my other hand, I turned the knob and swung the door open.

I was greeted by a young man. Pure shock was plastered on his charming face as he held his fist in the air. He was probably attempting his third knock. Oops. My eyes did a quick scan of his body and I noticed him do the same. His uniform was similar to the other young man I saw earlier out my window. Only his navy blue suit was decorated with white stars. I never knew someone could pull off wearing an American flag suit, but he rocked it. The suit really showed off his broad shoulders causing me to gulp.  He had the height of a giant as well.  Then again everyone's a giant to me.  That's ok though.  I may be short, but big things come in small packages.

"My apologies," I spoke sheepishly and give him an apologetic smile, but it felt strained. I can't let Ryan get under my skin for this mission. The cute guy didn't respond, but the look he gave me sent chills down my spine. His honey eyes studied me again. They started from my heels and made their way to my face. He looked at me like I was an angel sent from heaven. I could feel the butterflies forming in my stomach. His honey eyes blinked couple times as if trying to register what I just said. Those eyes were to die for. He looked European but those eyes made me detect a hint of Asian along his ancestry.