Chapter Six: Psychiatrist

My whole body goes rigid as I stare at the prince in horror.  His smile fades as he asses my expression.  YOU HAD ONE JOB OMI!!!!!  

"What?"  He inquires.  Those ocean blue eyes beg me to tell him what's wrong.  His hand strokes my cheek and I'm paralyzed.  I can feel my heart rate increase along with my uncontrolled breathing.  The prince sits up a bit on his elbows to assess me further.  My hands fall on his chest and rise to his shoulders.

"Nothing," I distort and send him a reassuring smile.  We stay like this for a moment.  He looks at me with such intensity I'm captivated.  It's like I can't look away.  He's really beautiful.  Not me.  His hand reaches to cup my face again.  This time I relax into his warm palm.  I feel his other arm wrap around my waist beneath my open jacket.  He lowers us back to the ground, and I shiver when his cool hand brushes my abs.  What the...

My eyes scan over the prince's body.  I notice he's in black gym shorts paired with a black beater.  You can tell he works out, but he isn't as built as Officer King.  I might even have more muscle than him.  Is it odd that I find his lean body slightly attractive?  He's just a mission Omi! Just a mission.  I scan his body once more before meeting his gaze.  I catch a smirk appear on his face. Shoot he caught me staring!  Well...I mean it's not like he wasn't doing the same thing earlier.

Biting my lip I look down in embarrassment.  Once again, it's a good thing I can't blush.  His hand tugs on my chin lightly releasing my lower lip.  When I look up, I notice that the prince looks slightly different.  His ocean eyes have dilated and are too focused on my lips.  His grip on me tightens causing our faces to inch closer.

Feeling bold, I run my hand through his soft fiery red curls.  Our noses brush and my tight curls tickle his face.  Our lips touch once but I hesitantly pull back.  The prince grins and his eyes meet mine.  I feel his hand travel down to the bridge of my leggings.  He plays with the end of the fabric as his lips brush mine again.  I swear I felt his shorts get tight as something grazed the bottom of my behind.  What the heck am I doing!

I quickly get up to stand and stare at him with panic.  Pure shock is plaster on his face.

"What is going on?"  I don't know if I was asking him or myself that question.  The prince continues to stare at me.  My feet start pacing back and forth.  What are you doing Naomi?  You just met him and we were about to bow-chicka-bow-wow on the floor.  Ok, maybe not to that extent, but I didn't like where that situation was heading.  No matter how FINE the prince is.  Suddenly, my scalp starts to ache and I notice my hands pulling my hair.  How they got there, I don't know.

I risk a glance at the prince to find him off the ground.  He towers over me yet I can still feel the intensity of his gaze.  What was I thinking?  I need to get out of here.  I was not mentally prepared for this mission.

I break away from his intense gaze and make my way to my gym bag.  I start packing my things before feeling the pressure of something on my shoulder.  Out of the corner of my eye, I notice the prince's hand resting on it.  Quickly, my shoulder jerks his hand away.  The prince stumbles backward a bit, but catches himself.

"Sorry," I mumble apologetically before turning back to my task.  Everything is packed I decide and swing my gym bag over my shoulder.  The prince makes his way to a nearby bench and gestures for me to sit.  I give him a skeptical look while he sends me a small smile.  My feet still stay planted and he lets out a sigh.

"Omi, I'm so sorry.  We just met and then you attacked me."  I shoot him a menacing glare, but he continues.  A hand runs through his loose curls.  "Then you were so close to me and I've never been that close to a -."  He stops himself before a shade of pink appears on his cheeks.

"Close to a what?" I inquire.

He clears his throat while turning his attention to the floor.  My eyebrow rides up beckoning him to continue.

"Close to a umm....a bla -."  He cuts himself off again before shaking his head.  "A girl of a different origin as me."  It sounded like a question.  What does that even mean?  He fixes his gaze to the floor.

Is he trying to say that he's never been close to a black person before?  I don't know if I should laugh, be shocked, laugh, be shocked, laugh....  The way he worded it!  I'm dead!

I guess it makes sense though.  It looks like there aren't many minorities on this side of England. I could be wrong though.  This reminds me when some people don't realize there are black people in Wisconsin.  That's where I live with the U.W.  Yes, we do exist!  We're just clustered more in the Milwaukee area.  It's pretty segregated in Wisconsin.  I think Milwaukee ranks number three for the most segregated city.  Something like that.  You should see the rank we have for aids.  That's a whole other story....

"Then you just looked so beautiful.  You were different from any other girl I've ever met.  It was a good different though."  I try to suppress a smile as the Prince continues talking to the floor.

"I just got carried away and you were so close to me. I couldn't control myself and...and...and...." He stammers.  I want to laugh, but he seems to be in an emotional state.  Maybe it's that time of the month for him.

When our eyes meet I mask my slight smile with a straight face.  He searches my eyes for some emotion, but I mask them pretty well.  My feet start strolling toward the door.

"Omi, can you please say something."  He pleads.  My back is too him and I'm glad he can't see me grinning.  I don't know why, but I have this urge to purposely give him a hard time.  Bizarre right?  Maybe I need to see a psychiatrist.

"That's not my name,"  I state but keep my back facing him.  He's probably confused now.

"King!" I shout at the top of my lungs.   A couple of moments later the door opens and he appears. It feels like it's been ages since we've seen each other.  I notice he's still in his black armor and LORD JESUS...that is one FINE tall glass of water!  His pink lips stretch into a small smile until he notices the prince.  This will be the second time today that his jaw drops to the floor.

"Your majesty."  He breaths before rushing into a bow.  It looks awkward though because his feet end up running into each other.  He loses his balance before catching himself with the door.  I swear if someone else makes a fool of themselves I'll lose it.  I won't be able to take it and might crack from laughter.

"Officer."  The prince greets. Eww...so diplomatic.  He was so carefree and emotional seconds ago.  I miss that prince.  Not 'officer.'  Eww!  I still refuse to look at him.  After traveling a short distance to King I stop inches in front of him.  I take my bag off and hold it out in front of me.

"Could you be a dear and carry this for me?"  To add effect I pout my lips and blink profusely.   King's cheeks begin to fade a rosy pink.  He transmits me a shy smile before grabbing the bag.

Before I release my grip from the bag, I place one of my hands on his.

I give him a flirtatious smile and whisper "Thank you boo," seductively.

I made sure to whisper loud enough for the prince to overhear.  I swear King is going to break his jaw. It landed right back on the floor.  This will be the third time that's happened today.  As I walk out I turn slightly.  Out of the corner of my eye, I notice the prince staring hard at something.  I assume at King because he sure wasn't looking in my direction.  If looks could kill King would probably be dead.  The prince's fist are clenched and his knuckles whiten.

The prince goes out of view and I'm greeted with a hallway.  I start walking when I forget...I don't know where I'm going. I turn back to see that King hasn't left his position.  He jaw still hangs as he stares at me down the hall.

"King."

He's knocked from his trance and catches up with me.  We leave the gym filled with an injured man (caused by me), a hole in the wall (caused by me), and an angry prince (also caused by me). I know one thing...I need to see a psychiatrist.