chapter 14 : forgotten

mahir was astonished at the sight that bela was not able to recognise him. At first he thought that she was still angry on him. Then he realised that she was not angry as he was reminded by a scene that took place  a few hours ago . 

mahir was in the car with bela's head rested on his lap. Blood was literally oozing out of her forehead. Suddenly, bela's eyes slowly opened  and she tugged onto mahir's shirt gaining his attention. " bela bela ", he shouts as he caresses her cheeks. "mahir i d... do not t..think i a...am going to sur...survive t...this " she said in her broken and panting voice." Bela nothing is going to happen to you, i am here for you , i would not let anything happen to you",mahir assured her. 

"let m..mee speak first i ddont kn..know if i will be able to later" , Bela cried. "mahir i love you, i want to s..spend my entire l...life with you i want to spend even my after...life with you.I believe in destiny, that is what brought us together, but sadly that is what that will bring us apart." she said emphasizing pain on the last part " by now mahir 's heart was in a million pieces if something would have to happen to bela it would have to cross him first . "Believe it or not i am not sad that i am g..going to leave this world soon. I am happy that i was able to spend the best six months of my life with you. I am going to leave with a big  suitcase of m...memories and mom...ments of you " she said forcing a smile on her face. " just promise me that you will stay happy in life for me and never let a tear drip down your cheeks" . Mahir had nothing to say but his love for bela turned into respect when he saw how much she loved him. He was even more sure  to save bela now. 

Such a noble soul should not die so young, she was an inspiration and another mother for him. She was in his blood sweat and tears. She was in his every cell by now . She was his love. His chain of thought was broken by bela's next word. " promise karo na that you will always stay happy mahir " . She painstakingly held her hand and he promised her so that she will not stress herself even more by talking. A faint smile adorns her blood stained face as she closes her eyes to control her pain. She drifts back into her semi conscious state. 

mahir comes back into the present  as tears have already welled up in his eyes. He has promised bela to stay happy even in the toughest of times. He knew that what their love was going through was only a phase and it will end soon. Bela might have forgotten his existence but deep down in her heart she still remembers him. Mahir holds it his responsibility to return the love and care bela has  showed on him. He made it his duty to heal all the bruises he gave to her tender heart. He had to bring his bela back to him. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note :

This was a very emotional chapter and was written carefully choosing correct vocabulary which was able to bring the feelings to life. This is my promise to bring you guys such heartfully written chapters which bring satisfaction to both you readers and me. I hope you guys liked it and please vote and comment if you do. Guys small request please comment down how you feel about the entire behir ek pyaar kahaani story as a short review and ways on how i should improve it. Thank you very much for reading 

regards with gratitude , 

neha