airport phone call

"hey baby. aren't you supposed to be at the photoshoot for vogue korea? ... what's that? awwwhhh i miss you too, babe. i will see you in 2 days okay. ... yes, yes i'm at the boarding gate already. how was your day? did the shoot go okay? ... did they dress you like a kpop idol? ... hahahahhaha oh is that right? they dressed you like a hip hop rapper instead? hmmmm did you ask them to? ... oh really? so they saw that swag vibe bursting out of you all on their own, huh? ... no, no i'm not making fun of you, baby. you know that you're my favourite rapper and the most swaggerific person i know. ... heeeyy! so what if i don't listen to rap music? does that make my opinion not valid? i'm hurt. ... swaggerific is too a word! ... fine then. it's a new word i invented especially for you. don't you feel special now? ... wait honey, they're announcing something. ah the flight is delayed a little. ... no, no. not very long. just 20 minutes. something about weather delaying incoming flights or something. ... what are you doing right now? im surprised the shoot ended earlier than scheduled. ... ahhh i see. you ARE an excellent model, honey. i agree. ... yes yes, all those chiseled angles. it's impossible for you to take a bad photo. ... WHAT? i'm agreeing with you and paying you all these compliments. why are you sulking? ... no. i'm not rolling my eyes and holding my laughter. why would i. it's you. Dylan Wang, my boyfriend of three years. i can laugh at you when i want to. ... YOU LAUGH AT ME ALL THE TIME, DYLAN. ohmygod. i'm gonna start making a list and recording all the times you tease me and laugh at me. ... i love you too, baby. i wish you can come back home with me tonight too. but you've wanted to work with that director since you saw train to busan. the fact that you got a meeting with him is HUGE. im so proud of you. we will celebrate at your favourite hotpot place when you get back okay. ... so what are you doing right now? you never answered me. ... you sound like you're in a car. where are you going? ... oh why are you getting dinner this late? ... dylan, you know i don't like you to miss meals. you're so thin already. we're gonna look like the number 10 next to each other if you get any skinnier. ... yes we do. ... i'm not blind, dylan. i can see what we look like in the mirror. ... no, i haven't been reading comments online again. ... just, please eat okay. i don't want you to get sick. ... awh baby, of course i know you love how i look. i love you just the way you are too. i'm sorry i said you're too skinny. i don't know why i said that. ... no, i swear i'm not dizzy coz i skipped meals again. i promised you i'm not gonna do that anymore and i'm keeping my promise. ... yes, baby. i do know you love me from the tips of my hair to the end of my toes. you're so romantic. thats why i love you so much. ... are you at the restaurant yet? why is it so noisy? .. what restaurant has a pa system? wait are you at the airport? wang hedi! why are you at the airport? where are you going? ... no, don't lie to me. thats clearly an aiport pa system. ... stop it, di. I AM AT THE AIRPORT TOO. I KNOW WHAT THEIR ANNOUNCEMENTS SOUND LIKE. wait, are you here? ARE YOU COMING HOME WITH ME?! ... oh. you're at gimpo. ... why did they move the meeting to jeju? ... ah that's where the meeting has been all along? why didn't you tell me? ... of course i'm gonna be worried that you'll be exhausted but i'm not gonna stop you, di. i already told you i know how much this meeting means for you. ... i would probably just postpone going back so i could go with you to jeju. ... yes, see, you should've told me. we could be flying together to asia's hawaii right now. SERVES YOU RIGHT FOR LYING TO ME, BUDDY! ... okay baby. i'll talk to you later. if my phone's off, then that means i'm already boarding okay. ... well, you never know how long those security lines are it might take you a long time. ... oh. how did you get to the front of the line so fast? ... okay then i'll just hold while you go through the check. ...........
yeah, baby, i'm still here. no, no boarding announcement yet. i think it's gonna be a while. ... are you boarding soon? what time is your flight? ... oh so you have some time to kill. wait baby, so did you eat dinner or not? were you just lying about going to a restaurant? ... are you telling the truth? you really ate? really, REALLY? ... okay then. ... are you nervous about the meeting tomorrow? ... oh don't be, honey. you can charm the pants off anyone. yes, yes, you definitely charmed my pant-- okay fine, AND panties off. no need to sound so smug, you manchild. ... wait you're breaking off. okay i can hear you again. ... wait, now i hear an echo. ... what? what do you mean turn around? don't tell me ... omg why are you here? WHY ARE YOU KNEELING!"

"shen yue, my buddy, i've loved you since the moment i first saw you laugh. the thought of not seeing you for the whole day tomorrow already made me go a little crazy. if i can't even go a day without seeing you, i figure i should make sure that day never happens. will you take pity on me and be my lifelong buddy?"

(17 October 2018)
----------------------------

author's note:

i am very fond of this fic because of the one-sided phone call format. i had always wanted to write something like that and i finally did and i'm quite pleased with how it turned out. i hope you guys like it half as much as i love it!

this piece originally had a continuation when i posted it on twitter. but that was only because i had started writing a little bit of another fic that i thought could be a sequel to this one. that piece ended up being abandoned so i feel like ending this one here and leave it up to you guys to decide if yy said yes or no.

i may still publish the 2nd part on here. i'm still deciding. but of course, if you are VERY curious, you can always head to my twitter and check out the original ending.