Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

Theo pulled down a dark winding road. She had been in the car for about an hour. They sat in total silence.

She hadn't seen a car since the officer. The wooded area they drove through looked scary. Nori was afraid of what would happen to her.

Theo's conviction that she'd been brainwashed was concerning to say the least. She wanted to say something. Maybe she could change his mind.

"Where are we?" she asked quietly.

"Far from everyone who wants to separate us."

"You told that officer we spent the day in Boston."

"It wasn't a total lie. I had to divert attention from us. When we left the city I went towards New Jersey. Then I abandoned the suitcase I kept you in. I made sure your DNA will be found with it. Then I went towards Boston and diverted again to get back to our new home."

"How did you get a new home?"

"I bought it at a foreclosure sale. Years ago Imogen suggested that I funnel some of my money into a separate account. As did she. It really was a help when I escaped that wretched institution."

She looked over at him. Fear and anger coursed through her veins. She stayed quiet.

"We're almost there, darling."

Theo made a turn down a road that Nori hadn't even seen in the brush. In the distance was a large house.

He pressed a garage door opener and pulled inside. He cut off the engine and closed the garage, then he got out of the car.

"Are you going to behave yourself?" he asked.

Her mind flitted to all the punishment she endured, the night hanging from the ceiling, his name carved into her chest, the beating in New York. She wasn't going to suffer through that again. If it meant protecting herself then she would follow his stupid rules as it would be easier to escape if she wasn't physically broken.

"I'll be good. I promise."

"Mmmm. Good girl."

Theo unchained her ankles and unbuckled her. As he lifted her in his arms she realized how uncomfortable she'd been. Her hands had gone numb.

"Do you have my glasses?" she asked.

"Yes, darling." He kissed her forehead. She cringed. Everything about him made her skin crawl.

She remained quiet as Theo carried her inside.

He carried her into the main house and slammed the door shut with his foot.

She squinted around the home. It seemed nice enough. It certainly wasn't as fancy as his mansion, nor as big.

Theo quickly carried her up the stairs. She suddenly felt faint. When had she eaten last?

"Theo, I need to eat," she said urgently. She hated putting her life in his hands.

"I'll get you food as soon as we get you settled in."

He took the stairs two at a time and got her into the decent sized master bedroom. Theo gently placed her on the bed and quickly undid her cuffs. Her arms hurt from being in that position for so long. She looked at her hand and realized her ring was gone. But she had to stay calm. He then untied her legs. The grabbed a cuff attached to the bed post and latched it to her ankle.

He opened a mini fridge next to her and gave her a bottle of orange juice and a blood sugar meter. It looked like the ones sold on Amazon.

He then pulled her glasses out of his pocket and gave them to her. She put them on as though they were the only thing that would keep her safe.

When she couldn't see she was prone to panic. She looked around the room.

Theo left and Nori quickly took her blood sugar. It was extremely low. She opened the orange juice and drank large sips of it.

Soon she felt less shakey. But now the question was how to escape. Theo Masterson was a wanted man. But they were far away from people. And if he truly had millions stashed away then he could easily stay far away from society.

The master bedroom had a decent sized TV and most likely had an ensuite and a large closet. It was plainly decorated.

Theo came back with a tray of food. A protein cookie, more juice, a salad, and some lean chicken. It was healthier than what he fed her back in London.

"Eat up. It's my birthday and I have a lot planned for us."

She knew what kind of plans he had. Before she escaped he wanted to have kids. And he told her as much in the car. But she wasn't likely to get pregnant. After it all ended she was so petrified of pregnancy.

And when ge escaped she decided to get one of those birth control implants. She hated that it was going to come in handy.

Theo sat next to her just watching her eat. She took slow deep breaths trying to remain calm. There had to be a solution.

"Can we watch TV or something," she asked. Anything would be better than the awkward silence that she was being subjected to.

"I suppose," he sighed.

He grabbed the remote from a side table and turned the TV on. He flipped through the channels. A flash of red hair caught her eye. Was that her? Were they already looking?

"Wait, go back," she pleaded.

"No. That's the news. I'm not watching that trash." He kept flipping.

"Please, I want to watch it."

"I said no!" he shouted.

She shouted back, "Why am I here then if I have no say in what we do?"

He grabbed the half eaten tray of food from her and put it on the nightstand. Then he jumped on top of her.

"You're here because you belong to me! You are mine, Nori!"

"Get off me!" She pushed her hands against his chest. He swiftly grabbed hold on her wrists and pushed them down onto the bed.

He shifted both her wrists into his left hand and grabbed her chin with his right hand. His body pressed into hers. She could feel every muscle tense against her. Tears welled in her eyes.

"Why won't you get it into your head that you are mine! You are my one! And you belong to me!"

Nori felt the tears on her cheeks.

"Stop! Stop crying!" The inevitable slap to the face landed with a loud smack. She didn't stop crying. She couldn't.

He climbed off her and grabbed her tray of food. He gave it back to her before walking out of the room and slamming the door. She was alone. The TV played an infomercial and the remote was just out of reach.