Monday At School

On Monday morning, I was still mad at my Mom. I had, in fact, complained to my dad about her, and the devil agreed! I was outraged!
So there I sat, on the examination table, arms crossed, looking angrily at the door. I was waiting for the results of my foot. Was it broken or sprained?
"How's your foot, sweetie?" Mom asked, trying to get me to look at her.
"Mm." I shrugged, still looking at the door.
"Becky, I hope you know that what I told you is for your own good."
"Pfft." Was my response as I looked up at the ceiling.
"Becky—" the doctor entered the room with the results. "We'll talk about this later..."
******
"Bye, Becky. Have a good day."
I struggled out of the car and slammed the door, not acknowledging my mother. I looked at the school building; it was almost lunch time— I had missed four classes that morning. I hobbled into the school and to my locker. When the bell rang, my friends swarmed me.
"What happened?" DJ helped put my stuff away.
"Is it broken?" Kimmy pointed to my cast.
"Does it hurt? Are you okay?" Helen asked, taking my lunch box.
"Guys, thank you for your concern, and I'm—"
"Becks!"
We turned to see Jesse coming. 
"Oh, man. I am so sorry! Is it broken?"
"You made her break her ankle?" My three besties were surprised.
"No! Well, kinda. My bike fell on her foot.."
"Oh! We heard about y'all's date!" Helen squealed as we walked down the stairs.
"Boy. News travels fast in this school. And it wasn't a date." I told mainly me.
"Right. And two friends kiss all the time. Mmhmm." Kimmy was carrying my crutches.
"Forget that. How's your foot?" Jesse wondered.
"Well, it's not exactly broken, it's just..." I tried to find another word so Jesse wouldn't feel bad. "Well, broken."
"I am so sorry, Becks."
I laughed, his apologies were endearing. "Jesse, it's okay! I've survived much worse than this. Thank you," I told Kimmy as she handed me my crutches.
"Like what?"
"I'm a female," I would've blushed automatically if DJ, Kimmy, and Helen hadn't said , "she's a female!" at the same time.
"I noticed." Jesse smirked. "Well, I'll see ya guys later." He waved a little, then went to sit with his buddies.
"Do you have anything you need to heat up?" Helen asked, digging through my lunchbox.
"Uh, I dunno." I sat down.
"So... Jesse's bike fell on your foot... why?" Kimmy asked nonchalantly.
"He felt sorry about my breakup with Brian.... my break up with Brian." I laughed a little. That struck me; when I was with Jesse, after he kissed me for the first time, I had forgotten all about Brian. And I wanted to wait to start another relationship. I sighed, and sorta smiled. "I completely forgot about that..."
"That's good! That means that someone makes you forget, and lose touch with, all reality!" Helen smiled.
"And I bet we know who it is!" DJ sorta sang.
They all sang out, "Jesse!" A little too loud, which resulted in him looking over at us.
Blushing, I waved a little. He smiled back at me and winked before turning around.
My friends and I squealed with delight.
Once again, Jesse, and a few of his friends this time, looked at us. Jesse laughed mid-smile, and my heart melted.
You're just to good to be true...
"Can't take my eyes off of you!" Helen, DJ, and Kimmy sang, laughing.
I blushed, "I just said what I was thinking that I thought out loud, didn't I?"
"Yes!" Their giggles we're getting out of control. I put my head in the table, and my arms over my head. For a moment, they stopped laughing, obviously noting my embarrassed state. But then I suddenly started laughing! I pulled my head up, wiping a tear away from my red face. "I'm such an idiot!"
Then they joined back in. Maybe breaking my foot wasn't so bad after all.