Chapter twenty: Cold rain

''Come on Yoongi! This is ridiculous! Let's just stop and eat!'' Jin whined while Yoongi was trailling Dae and Namjoon. Trying not to get spotted by the couple, he dragged Jin in the densest part of the crowd and hid behind stalls when he thought Namjoon was looking back at him.

''Does it look like a date to you?'' Suga asked, completely ignoring Jin.

''They're just walking. Stop making such a big deal out of it!'' Jin said.

''He bought her fancy ice cream and she keeps on smiling at him!'' Suga grumbled, visibly displeased with the view.

''Buying someone ice cream doesn't mean it's a date!'' Jin argued, his hunger starting to make him grumpy.

''You're right... It just feels wrong to see her so happy with someone else...''Suga said with a dull expression, just before a drop of rain fell on his head.

Instantly, a smile appeared on his face.

He had never been gladder for rain in his life! This ought to put an end to Namjoon's 'date'! With enough luck Namjoon would call the rest of the boys and they would all head back to the studio in no time because of the weather.

The rain intensified and Yoongi took shelter with Jin under the umbrella the oldest had brought in his bag. Yoongi observed the crowd that started moving faster to escape the rain. He searched for the girl's blue hair, in the crowd so he could pretend to stumble on them accidentally.

It took a moment for him to spot them from afar; walking  together under a black umbrella.

''Dammit! The rain should have ruined their date, but now they look even cuter!'' he muttered while Jin giggled.

''I told you Namjoon was good at this dating thing!'' Jin joked.

But Yoongi didn't hear Jin's word. He only saw Namjoon's arm wrappinp over Dae's shoulders as he pulled her closer to him under the umbrella.

Without even realising he had started moving, he found himself right next to the couple, soaking wet from the rain and out of breath. ''Let's call the boys and go back to the studio, it's not safe to be out in this weather.'' He said firmly, interrupting their conversation without a hint of remorse.

Namjoon sent him a dark glare, but Suga didn't break eye contact.

''They can't record if they get sick! I'm sure none of them thought about bringing an umbrella!'' Dae said, oblivious to the staring contest the two men had engaged in, both of them turned simultaneously to look at her.

''You're right.'' They spoke in the same voice. Their synchronism made her giggle.

''Call J-Hope and I'll call Taehuyng.'' Rm said in his leader tone before grabbing his phone.

***

The four of them sat in a nearby café while waiting on the rest of the guys, because poor Jin wanted to eat his long awaited meal. Rm wasn't exactly pleased that Suga interrupted him on his stroll with Dae, but he managed to keep on acting pretty normal while Suga was even broodier than usual.

They were all chatting about when the two pairs finally came, soaking from the rain. Jimin took off his shades and threw his wet hair back with a smile at Dae, she rolled her eyes with a chuckle. Their medical masks were damp so they had taken them off, as well as their hat, but fortunately everyone was wearing a coat. Hopefully, no one would get sick from this little misadventure.

''Let's hurry back to the studio'' Namjoon said as he got up, without a word of complain the boys followed suit. It was still raining, but between three umbrellas they were able to keep themselves relatively dry, they were making their way up the market when suddenly Dae had a weird feeling in her gut.

She looked around and saw people looking at them. ''Uhm... Guys, I think you might want to put your masks back on...'' Dae said before she heard a screech.

Only one creature could emit a noise so high-pitched; a fangirl!

She ran to Taehyung, begging him for an autograph, complimenting him and crying all at once. Tae handled it surprisingly well, but gave a panicked look in Namjoon's direction. The leader already had his phone in hands, calling back up.

The first girl's scream had alerted the people around and suddenly the street was filled with chatter and people taking picture of the boys. The crowd closed in on them and they had to keep on walking forward and keep calm despite the sea of people pouring in to drown them.

Dae knew they were famous, but she had never realised they were THAT famous. She felt the air being sucked out of her lungs as the crowd closed in, so dense she struggled to move. Her vision was going blurry and she couldn't breathe. ''Yoongi-oppa...'' she tried to articulate through the screams as she saw the boys disappear and people kept on pushing her to get through.

***

Author's note:

Last chapter, I said that my favourite scene would be in the next one. What I hadn't realized is just how freakishly long the original chapter was! Since I'm trying to keep chapters short I had to cut it into three instead of two hence why the cute scene isn't here as promised! :( I'm soooo sorry!!!

This time I swear my favourite scene thus far will be in the next chapter! FOR REAL!

Since I've broke my word and cut this chapter into two, I'll publish the next one super quick in hopes of being forgiven!

With that said, I hope you still enjoyed this chapter and our jealous little Yoongi!

Thanks for reading all the way to chapter 20 and like always; have a lovely day!