Chapter 10

I nodded. "Ok, yea I am jealous." I admitted.

"There's no need to be. I mean I'll always be your best friend no matter what. Just because I have a boyfriend doesn't mean I'm going to forget about you. I proved that while I was dating Sam and just because Justin and I are being flirty doesn't mean I'm going to spend less time with you."

"Jade you just don't understand." I said with a sigh.

"Well what is there to understand? Is it because you like Justin too?" she asked. I slowly nodded because what other excuse could I possibly come up with.

"I like him too that's why I didn't want to go out with Gavin." I said. I hated to lie espically to my best friend.

"It's ok Perrie. I won't tell him that you like him. Also if it really bothers you that I'm with him I'll break it off between us."

"No don't do that. You saw him first and he obviously likes you much more than he does me." I said. I couldn't believe she would break things off with a guy for me. If she did break things off with him it didn't mean I would get her to be mine it only meant I would be the reason she wasn't with him.

"Are you sure?" she asked and I nodded.

"You should be happy. I wouldn't want you to be sad because of me."

"Well I'd be even happier if you gave Gavin a chance."

"I am. I'm going on the date with him."

"I know, but I mean actually give him a chance. When he talks to you or asks you a questions don't ignore it and if he flirts with you flirt back. Gavin is hot and if I wasn't into Justin I surely would be into Gavin." she said and I gave her a look that said 'back off'.

Later that night I sat on my bed, in the room alone. Jade said she was going to a party with Justin for about half an hour and then she would come back so she and I could go shopping, but that didn't happen. It'd be almost two hours since she left and here I was sitting alone. I grabbed my laptop and decided to write her another letter. This was probably the fifth letter I've written in total.

Dear Jade,

I hope Justin makes you happy because that's what you deserve, I hope that when he makes a promise he keeps it and when you make a promise to him or a friend I hope you yourself keep them. it's nice to know you're having fun so far. I wonder what it would be like without Justin though. Would it be more fun? (For me of course) or would it be boring. All I know is that if Justin wasn't around there's a chance I would of worked up the courage to tell you how I really about you face to face. Or I would of probably signed my name on these damn letters.

-Anonymous

I sighed as I printed the letter and deleted it off of my laptop. I wrote her name neatly on the envelope and placed it outside once again. If it was going to continue like this I don't think I'll hang on to these feelings for much longer. I sighed as I closed the door and laid on my bed. I thought about how she never broke promises and how there was a chance he had gotten her drunk and was up in a bedroom with her taking advantage. I was the only person who knew that Jade was still a virgin and if Justin took it from her in the type of situation where she's drunk I'd hate him even more than I do now. I thought about Jade until the moment I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up at six'oclock without and alarm clock or Jade waking me. I looked over at Jade's bed and she was already gone. I knew she came back because this morning her made wasn't made and last night it was. As I sat up Jade walked in with wet hair and a towel, the obvious signs she woke up early and took a shower.

"Morning." she said with a smile.

"Oh good morning." I said coldly. I grabbed my clothes and a towel.

"Something wrong?"

"No, but I hope you had fun last night with Justin."

"Oh Perrie I'm sorry I forgot. If I would of remembered I would of came right back." she said I shrugged. "Don't be mad."

"Well I mean you told me if you started dating Justin you would spend just as much time with me as you do already."

"I'm really sorry. How about we go shopping tonight?"

"Can't. I've got a date with Gavin."

"So tomorrow night?"

"Sure if you don't forget." I said. I knew I was being rude, but I was pretty mad about this.

"Perrie please forgive me. People forget things."

"No the thing is you promised. You had me sitting in bed waiting for two hours. I thought maybe you would call, but no. If you'd rather be with Justin go ahead."

"Why are you making this such a big deal?"

"I'm making this a big deal because if I would of forgotten you probably wouldn't talk to me for a few days." I said. Once I saw the expression I knew I'd gone to far, but she also knew I was right. I walked out of the room frustrated. My best friend chose Justin over me.

After a long and boring day of classes I was glad to be back in my room. I didn't see Jade which strangely I was glad because I was still a little mad, but her being gone didn't last long as she walked in seconds after I laid down.

"Oh hi." she said as she walked towards her bed.

"Hi."

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No, not really." I said with a sigh.

"Well can I get a hug?" she asked. I got up as she walked towards me and embraced me into a long hug. I hugged back and smiled. "I'm really sorry. I'd choose you over Justin any day."

"Good that's all I ask." I said with a giggle.

"So about that date.."

"Yes I'm still going and I was wondering if you could help me pick out an outfit?"

"Of course! Let's look through your clothes now, or we can go shopping!"

"Let's go shopping!" I said. She let go of me and I quickly stood up. We walked out hand in hand. Lucky for us there were a mall near campus. We went to our favortie stores, including H&M, Forever 21, Macy's, and whole bunch more. I bought a cute white dress that stopped right above the knee, black heels (that Jade insisted that I buy), and a cute purple sweater. Jade bought a cute pair of shorts, a red crop top that had bows on it and boots that she couldn't keep her eyes off. We walked hand in hand through the mall. We went up to the food court and bought pizza. Once we sat down I decided it'd be the perfect time to talk about my feelings for her. I had worked up enough courage to just say.

"So Jade.."

"Yea?"

"You know I love you right?"

"Yea of course. You're my best friend." she said and boom friend zoned.

"After my date with Gavin I really need to tell you something I've been wanting to say for a while now."

"Why can't you tell me now?" she asked.

"Well because I have a lot to think about." I said and she nodded. The conversation I had with her after my date would either make us a couple, or break up our friendship. I'm hoping for the first option.

I start school tomorrow D: so I won't be able to update much. I hope you're enjoying this story.