6 | HIM

Todoroki thought; were these the eyes of a tamed panther while feeling its claw grazing his vulnerable flesh fragrancing its beast?

It was the feeling of being endangered at first before it was followed by an unfamiliar—yet unknowingly tranquil—wave of faint enmity. It's just like when the eyes of said tamed panther stares at him in the eerie dark with its glowing gaze, scrutinizing its prey for the slightest worth of its existence. They were emeralds shining in the dark caves—staring, boring, burning into him when he felt like he shouldn't. Yet, Todoroki kept his gaze with the woman pinning him against the wall, trapping him with her undeniably strong, sturdy arms while her leg locked his, preventing him from even moving the slightest. The imperceptible feeling of the cold thin blade grazed his skin, and he knew if he flickered his gaze away for just a second, crimson will paint his skin.

"Tell me why I shouldn't slit your throat any damn second now."

She hissed like one, glaring at him—into his contrasting eyes. Her voice sounded alluring for some reason—not that he noticed on purpose, he was frank about it, but the aura she was giving already gave away the fact that this woman had a life she knew she couldn't walk back to.

"I know you're the vigilante who's been roaming around the city."

Burn.

"...Killing criminal gangs."

Her gaze burned again, pressing him into the wall further.

"That's not the answer."

"I know you're looking for AMPED."

Her gaze flickered, just the slightest.

"What else did you see?" She was referring to the evidence wall he studied after he patched her up last night.

"Enough to call reinforceme—"

"Did you call them?" She cut him off, leaning into him dangerously close as her brows scrunched in... distress?

"No, I was just implying—"

She suddenly lets him go, backed away as he watched her run her hands through her hair and noticed how she lets out a deep breath. Todoroki blinked at the sight, contemplating whether what he had seen just now was a beast absent of hostility, or just studying its prey.

He took advantage of the clear air around him while he flexed his wrist, feeling the numbness quickly going away from the firm grips of her cold fingers. He glanced at the front to see her sit on the bed, a cloud of silence looming above her as he observed from the end of the room—he took this moment to finally take in her identity.

Unlike last night, the woman he took care of after discovering the vigilante who almost kidnapped the mayor almost bleeding to death in her own apartment, her presence in the room was much more potent than he thought but it had a slight gloominess to it. He didn't know what it was, but he could tell just by the distraught look resting on her brows—even when her green eyes screamed virulence.

He had followed the blood trails from the rooftop he almost apprehended her, until he reached the wall of the apartment building crawling with pipes to climb, almost unbelievable that the woman in front of him actually climbed her way up despite her wound—the one he caused.

Detective Tsukauchi and his team demanded answers of the unsolved mystery last night—why the mayor was the target and why the culprit in front of him did what she almost did. And even though he knew he could take her in while she was unconscious, he didn't—for a purpose.

"What's your name?" That was the first thing he needed to know about the enemy or perhaps, an ally—a feisty one.

The woman abruptly looked up from her ordeal, giving him a look of unveiled disgust before she stood up. "Fuck off."