Day 2: Stay a Little Longer

Prompt: Protective/Secret Relationship
Synopsis: Jonathan Samuel Kent is going to space with his grandfather, but before he goes he has to make one final stop at Wayne Manor.

"You're WHAT?!" Damian growled, still dressed in his pajamas. Jon had barged in through his window uninvited like many times before, at first he was vexed.. but after hearing what Jon had to say? Damian was Furious.

"It'll only be for a few weeks.." Jon said, trying to sound convincing, but honestly? This was every bit as difficult for him as it was for Damian. He stood there, the proud symbol of house El displayed on his chest, his cape fluttering in the wind.

"THE HELL YOU ARE." Damian said, angrily pushing Jon aside, and stomping his way to the window, slamming his shutters closed in an (useless) attempt to bar Jon from leaving.

"But Dami!" Jon complained "this might be my only chance to learn more about my kryptonian heritage!" Jon tried to reason out.

"I said NO, Kent. And that's FUCKING final." Damian said, crossing his arms over his chest. A scowl on his face, his hair a mess.

"But-" Jon was cut off, Damian talking over him

"No, Kent. No amount of your incessant blabbering and nagging will sway me to even BEGIN to consider that terrible idea." Damian snapped, his voice bitter. Until his lips trembled and his voice faltered. A single tear streaming down his face, his eyes betraying him.

"Damian, are you-"

"No Jon! I'm not okay." Damian said, as more tears broke from his eyes. "I- I can't lose you... not yet.. not a few months after I finally became your's.. not now.." Damian paused, steadying his breath "not ever.." Damian breathed out, trying to calm himself when he felt his boyfriends arms wrap around him in a warm embrace, only making him whimper, tears began to stream down his face.

"Its ok Dami.. I'm here.. I'll always be here..." Jon cooed, kissing Damian's cheek, his boyfriend dampening his shoulder with tears.

"You can't go Jon.. please.. don't- don't.. leave me..." Damian pleaded, tightening his grip, not ever wanting to let go.

Everyone thinks Jon's the soft one in their friendship, but they couldn't be more wrong. Damian talks all big and brooding but deep down.. he's all soft- at least for Jon. Jon was his kryptonite, the prospect of him leaving, turning one of the world's deadliest assassins into a crying little mess.

"Shh.. shh..." Jon hushed, floating over to Damian's bed, sitting down. Damian burying his face in his boyfriend's chest.

"I'm not leaving you Dami.. I'd never.. ever leave you" Jon said, lifting his boyfriend's chin so their eyes could meet. Sapphires meeting emeralds. The boys blushed.

"You don't know that, Kent.." Damian managed to say. "You can never know that.." Damian spat "Every night we go out there.. the super sons.  we fight crime.. every night we save lives... every night we risk our lives.. risk losing the other in this... cruel hateful world." Damian said bitterly.

"But you won't lose me-"

Jon sighed, closing his eyes. "Every night we go out there.. but we always end up together.. right?" Jon asked, Damian. Damian nodded slowly in response.

"Then why is me going away for a few weeks any different?" Jon asked

"Because, beloved..." Damian's voice was still shakey "I'm not there, not there to protect you.." he answered, his voice trailing off, tightening his hug.