Chapter 4

Earlier that day...

Min Yoongi was freaking out.

Internally, of course. Doing it externally would only gather attention, something he did not want at this moment (or ever, really).

The cause of this slight mental-breakdown were the words his teacher had said a few seconds ago.

"This will be a group project."

Now, to others, this might be something exciting, like 'wow, I'll work with other talented people on my major' or (more commonly) 'maybe I can pass by doing the bare minimum'.

To him it was neither. It was bothersome and terrifying.

The thought of having to talk someone (that was not Namjoon or maybe Jungkook, even though he was a brat) made him feel sick.

But this project was important. More important than all the others, since they had until the end of the year to do it. Producing a whole song was extremely hard work, even in pairs.

So Min Yoongi was going to give it his all. Even if he could feel the sweat running down his back, and shivers crawling across his arms.

But the hardest part, was actually finding a pair.

But whatever is up there, seemed to listen to his silent prayers (finally), so he didn't have to talk to someone. That someone, was going to talk to him.

It was right when class ended. It was the last one so most of the students were rapidly leaving, desperately trying to get out of the hell that was school (something Yoongi would have done if he didn't have the giant worry of finding someone on his shoulders).

Getting up from his seat, he slowly grabs his bag, not even bothering to put it behind his back. Jumping at the small touch on his shoulder, he clutches his bag to his chest.

The person that approached him was... The last person he expected to, yet the only one person he thought was actually pretty good in this whole major.

Jung Hoseok aka J-Hope. A boy slightly taller than him, hair parted at the middle, bright round eyes and a heart smile.

Was he famous? Not really. But everyone just knew who he is. The loud "ball of sunshine", as he wasnicknamed, the person that won the "Sound effects Award" on the (fake and joking) yearbook they made last year.

Well, Yoongi knew him for different reasons. To him, Jung Hoseok was the person with an amazing sense of rhythm, and whose rap flowed brilliantly through the songs he made.

Well, he's only heard one of them but it was good.

...

And why were they still staring at each other.

Yoongi squinted his eyes and finally said. "Do you... Need something?"

That seemed to shake the other out of his trance, as he started messing with the hem of his sweatshirt.

"You're Yoongi right? A-Agust D? You did that diss track last year?"

Wow, I didn't know I was famous.

"Yes."

"I'm Jung Hoseok! Also-"

"J-Hope. You did Daydream."

His eyes widened.

Shit. Should I not have said that.

"Oh!" His smile widened even more "I'm glad you know me!"

Someone get me sunglasses please, he's too bright

Stop acting like a thirsty horse and answer him you dumbass

"Yeah... So, do you need anything?"

"I wanted to ask if you could be my partner for this project!"

.

Wut

Somebody pinch me

"M-Me?" He had to take a small step back to compose himself.

"Of course! Well, all my other friends already have pairs-" The thought of being just a 'last source' to the boy he so much liked made Yoongi deflate a bit. "- but even so, I've always wanted to work with you!"

It feels bittersweet. He's wanted to work with him for a while now and the only chance he has because everyone else is already taken. "Why?" he mumbles

Hoseok seemed shocked at the sudden question. "Why what?"

Yoongi looked off to the side. "Why did you want to work with me?"

"Why wouldn't I want to? All the songs I've heard from you are amazing! The beats is so catchy and your rap is, is, is really really good!"

The sudden outburst of compliments made him blush.

"Eh, well-"

"And the lyrics!" Hoseok cut him off. "They're always so deep and meaningful it makes my heart so full! Remember that lyric workshop we did last year? You did amazing!" his eyes were even bigger, sparkling with emotions, staring right at him.

Bless whoever is up there for this moment I swear I will go to a shrine this weekend to thank you for this moment

Yoongi had to fight really hard to hide the blood rushing to his face. "A-ah.... I'm glad you like them." he scratched his cheeks.

"So, can you be my partner?"

Hoseok was looking at him with so much hope, and a big smile making his cheeks look so squishy so how could he say no?

He smiled.

"Sure"