Luriel learns to dance

Luriel was running around her home, it was only a year after the incident in the canyon. She and recovered perfectly. thanks to that Lord Elrond. She had plans to find his home and thank him again in person.
Now she prepared for a journey south again, she had received invite to Mereth Nuin Giliath, or feast of the stars. She felt excitement run through her, she had longed to see such a celebration after Throdir had told her about it. It was nearing the end of fall, and her mountainous home had turned from green to a fiery orange and red as the leaves fell around them.
She wore a dress to reflect that, it was a fall orange with leaf like designs on it. She adjusted the crown that Celebrimbor had made her. She loved it wore it nearly every day. She had a small pack on her back, she was intending in staying for a few days, and packed accordingly. She rushed down the stairs to her mother's room. She knocked softly.
“Come in,” came a soft voice.
She quietly opened the door to find her mother, who looked nearly identical to Luriel, same strong facial features, her brown hair had grey streaks in it, and her face did have a few wrinkles. Though they were mainly stress induced. The difference, other than age, between them, was their eyes, Thalia's were a deep brown, whereas Luriel's were a bright golden green. Queen Thalia wore an elegant light brown dress that flowed around her, and she wore a crown woven from the twigs from a sapling, with fall leaves on it.
“I am leaving, are you sure you will not join me?” Luriel said.
Thalia looked to her daughter and smile, she walked up and pulled her into an embrace, “Someone must remain her and run the kingdom, send my well wishes with you, and travel safely this time, at least take another with you, take Delria with you,” she said as she leaned away from her daughter.
“You wish me to take my old nursemaid with me?” luriel asked, “I would be a laughing stock!” she exclaimed. Truth was Delria was not just her nursemaid, but was younger sister to Thalia, and was the captain of the guard.
Thalia only chuckled, her eyes looking behind luriel.
Luriel closed her eyes, “She is right behind me isn't she?” she asked.
Thalia smiled in amusement and nodded slowly.
“I would not think you too old to travel with an old friend,” came a slightly aged voice from behind her.
Luriel slowly opened her eyes and turned around, she gave a slightly forced smile, “No, no that is not what I meant,” she quickly said.
Delria was an older skin changer,  but younger than the queen. She had wild red hair, her eyes a deep grass green. She knew Luriel better than most, and knew that what she had said was not put of hate, but anxiety to get where she wanted to go. Luriel was never one for sitting and waiting, she was always on the go, she placed a hand on the young princess's shoulder, “I know what you meant, do not worry, I will not embarrass you,” she said ruffling the young skin changer’s hair.
“We will have to travel another way, you cannot fly like I can,” Luriel said, relaxing after Delria said that.
“Oh, I'm fast enough, come, we must make haste if we are to make it in time,” She grabbed Luriel's hand and began pulling her out. Luriel looked back at Thalia and raised a hand in farewell.
“Farewell Mama, I will return in a week,” she called as she was pulled away.
Thalia found a chuckle escaping her lips as she waved farewell, “Travel safe my mountain flower!”
Delria pulled her outside, she looked back at Luriel, laughter on her face, “Come, I will race you to the edge of the kingdom!” she said, releasing Luriel's hand, and taking off through the city.
Luriel smiled and took off after her long time friend.
Her kingdom was at its peak in prosperity. The skin changers had built their homes into the mountain, building beautiful structures from marble and stone, some beautifully crafted from wood. The craftsmanship of the skin changers rivaled the elves, if not in splendor, then in the heart and passion that went into building it.
Animals bustled around as well as people, all of them skin changers, all pausing to wave and call greetings to their princess. Laughing she waved back as she ran.
A couple of small children ran around her, then beside her for a time.
“Are you going to see the elves princess?” one piped up as they ran, he was a little boy, looking around 6 or 7.
“Yes little one, I am,” she replied.
“Are they really as beautiful and fair as they say?” the other child, a young girl.
Luriel chuckled, “Yes they are, the shine in the sun, and they move as smooth a the flowing waters,” she explained.
“Ooooo I want to see the elves!” the little girl squealed in excitement.
“Me too, me too!” the boy echoed.
“One day, perhaps I'll bring them here, and you can all see the elves!” luriel said, excitement in her voice.
The children cheered as they broke away from luriel, laughing and playing their games.
Luriel chuckled as she ran, she saw Delria was way far ahead. She smirked and transformed into her stallion form, and sprinted down the road. She neither loudly to warn any in the way. People quickly clear the road, all waving and smiling.
She quickly passed Delria who watched her pass, “Oh ho, you think that I will let you win?” she called. She slowly transformed into a large mountain lion, allowing her to run faster. She caught up to luriel and the ran neck in neck till the end of the kingdom, now all that was before them were a few scattered farms. Luriel stopped, panting slightly, she looked back just as Delria ran up to her, a leapt up landing on Luriel's back. With a neigh of surprise, she fell onto her side. They both transformed back, laughter filling the air.
“Not so boring and old now, am I?” Delria said slowly pushing herself up.
Luriel, still laughing to hard, remained on the ground, only shaking her head.
Delria got to her feet, “Come, we must make it out of the mountains before nightfall.” she said extending a hand put to Luriel, who accepted it, her laughter faded.
“Indeed, but perhaps.we can travel at a slower pace?” she asked brushing the dirt off of her.
“Of course,” Delria chuckled. She transformed back into her mountain lion form and began trotting down the path.
Luriel smiled and took a similar form, except her fur was white with silver markings on her face and running dism the length of her back.