Et elegit me (she chose me)

The cold snow swirled in a mist beneath my feet. The edge of the cliff just 5 steps away and all I needed was to shout her name, Alagoria. However this would prove to be more of a difficult task. If I wasn't worthy she would throw me into the void that drops under the cliff. I started to feel dysphoria as I heard a strange noise come from the misty night skies. It sounded like a really loud whisper, but at the same time haunting and angelic. I peered my eyes toward the noise, and as soon as it had started, it stopped.

My heart sank into my stomach, and as I tried to keep the fear from increasing further, a new sound appeared. It sounded like the beating of wings, it came closer and closer until it sounded in front of my face. I felt a barren chill swift across my body and sweep through the forest backdrop behind me. It was a breath that smelled of cherry blossoms and almonds.

My light velvet cloak swirled up to the middle of my back. Suddenly a strong aura appeared and I could see the faint glow that made the body of her. Her eyes I saw in front of my own were so beautiful; the aurora borealis shone in the iris of the white, feathered dragon in front of me. She had four stunning eyes that lit up the mist and allowed me to see clearer.

"Alagoria!" I shouted at the magnificent beast before me. I could see her head tilt a little to the right. She flew backwards by 2 feet and burst out a luminous blast into the sky, ridding the mist which had turned into small, glittering, ice pixies. It was so magical and the power in the air was so strong.

Alagoria turned to me and her pupils changed from a cat's to a human's. "Revan Hollows." She spoke my name in an angelic tone that rung in my mind. She flew towards me as large as a mountain but shrunk into a cat-sized dragon and landed on my shoulder. "I choose you." She looked at me and when she said those I could feel my heart race out of excitement. I had a dragon familiar! I was now a step closer to becoming a great witch.

***

With our souls combined, Alagoria and I flew to my witches school, Sphaera Virtutem. I rode her there with incredible speed and we reached the gates just 10 minutes before school started. Today was the first day and my 2nd year here. I wondered who my new team would be, and which class would we get.

"Alagoria, which class do you think I'll get?" I asked her as she climbed onto my shoulder from my bag.

"I predict Ibis."

"Why that?"

"Well, Revan, you seem like you'd be in the owl class. Isn't it known for its silence?"

"Well, yeah. Hey, are you saying I'm quiet!?"

She giggled and climbed herself back into my bag. We had five minutes left and I needed to find The Gates of Stars. They could only be accessed by a witch and were the only way into Sphaera Virtutem. I started my way to the gates with my wand in hand and bag on my back. My golden blonde hair flowed freely except for the dusk-red braid on the right side of my head. The autumn air felt good as I walked across the stone bridge that lead to the gates.