Semper Simul (always together)

The salty taste of tears drained onto my lips as I licked them. The tears kept coming as I sat in the corner of the bathroom. How could I have been such an idiot, I hurt her so bad. I could still see her face with a growing anger and sadness. I wasn't expecting her to react in retaliation with her hand across my face and clenched fists pounding on on the front of my shoulders. The whole word faded then as I had ran here to just decay in one emotion; sorrow. I could hear the door open and a girl gently call my name.
"Elena? Are you in here?" She called again.

"I..I'm in here." I said choking from the tears, as I slowly open the door to reveal Monica.
She stood there with concern written all over her. You could tell she was worried when she fidgeted with her hands and dragged her fingers through her hair. I was so engulfed in tears that my vision was blurry and as I went to hug her I missed and did the last thing I'd never wanted to happen. I missed the hug and had accidentally kissed her. Yes we were girlfriends but that bit was complicated. We just got together yesterday.

She was the reason Veronica was angry with me. I can't believe how much of an ass I was being to Veronica. I loved her and still do so much. I had to break up with Monica, even though we had just got together I mistook attractiveness with love. I couldn't deny that I still love Veronica and didn't share any of it with Monica.

***

The bus ride felt so long at the end of the day. I just wanted to text her and see how she was but I doubt she'd want to talk to someone like me. I don't think I should tell her about the kiss that went down between me and Monica. That would just hurt her so much more.

I arrive at home and, thank god, my parents were still at work. I bolted up to my room and could feel my eyes start to sting. I whipped out my phone and texted her the words, "Hey, r u ok?"

It felt like an eternity for her to respond back but after a long time she did.

No, i'm just perfect. Stupendous! actually. -_-

_

V, I'm very sorry. Did I hurt you that bad?

-

Yes