Chapter 1

"Young master, please reconsider. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"For the last time, yes."

In a polished marble room, there sat two figures. One was an old frail man while the other was young man in a gray suit. He (the young man) had a strong, sexy body and exuded a dominant aura. Anyone could tell that this man was not ordinary. 

The old man, his servant, heard his (the young man's) stern voice, indicating his patience was wearing thin. The old man sighed. His young master was confident in his decision, so who was he to stop him?

A week from that day, a flight was booked to go from Denmark to SFO (San Francisco). The same young man, Lucius Starr, was about to board the plane and go to America. He needed to go and secure a deal from the Lockwood Family and gain an alliance for the cold war against the Reinall Family. It had been going on for months until finally the Reinalls made their move. Put into a precarious situation, Lucius decided to form an alliance with the Lockwoods. He convinced his father and was leaving the country today. 

The Lockwoods had agreed to the alliance, but it was a marriage alliance. Their daughter, Michelle Lockwood, was deeply attracted to Lucius and her family deemed him worthy for since his background was good. In other words, the old man had wanted Lucius to find someone he truly loved, instead of getting into a marriage alliance. Lucius though, didn't believe in this thing called love and just  agreed to the alliance since it would benefit him in the future.

Lucius was the next head to a powerful mafia family. He developed a cold personality and didn't really trust anyone. Many women and even some men were attracted to his handsome and dangerous self and were attracted to him like moths to a flame. He didn't care for them though. He was ruthless and if you were in his way he wouldn't hesitate to kill you.

This was mostly due to the fact that he had always been exposed to constant danger, from assassination attempts to gang fights. He developed his fighting skills at an early age to protect himself from that danger. 

Anyways, his flight had just landed. He and his body guards boarded the plane to head to their destination. Lucius was tired from this long journey and decided to take a little nap to regain his energy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius woke up on a bed. His eyes flitted open as he struggled to remember where he was and what he was doing. He looked around the room. It was spacious and beautiful. There was a large french window covered with dark blue curtains. The room was glowing with an ethereal light and the bed was soft, comfortable, silky, and . . . not his.

'Am I dreaming?' Lucius thought as his eyes wandered around the room. He pinched himself.

'Ouch!' He winced and came to the realization that this wasn't a dream. What the hell had happened?! He took a nap and he woke up in an unfamiliar place. He got up from the bed and looked outside the window to get clues about where he was. Perhaps he was in the Lockwood mansion and his body guards had somehow drove him here without him waking up. 

When he looked outside the window, he quickly dismissed that idea. Forget about not being on the plane, he wasn't even sure if he was on the same planet! Outside there were two moons shining brightly outside. On the ground he could see many plants and flowers that he knew for sure didn't exsist on Earth. Well, his head hurt now and he suddenly became exhausted.

'Might as well make use of this bed and sleep for now.' He thought as he drifted of to sleep.

In his dream, he saw a beautiful woman with bright blue hair. She was dressed in a white cotton dress.

She smiled and asked him, "Do you know why I called you here?"

Lucius didn't say anything, but he raised his eyebrow. 

The woman continued on, despite not hearing Lucius's response.

"I am the Goddess of Love, and you have the honor of being chosen by me to be reborn into an Otome Game."

This time Lucius became confused and asked, "What's an otome game?"

The goddess looked surprised at his question. This man here just found out that he was summoned by her and would be transferred to another body, and yet he only asked the simple question of what an otome game is? Shouldn't there be more important things to ask? *sighs* She doubted she would ever understand humans.

"Rather than asking what type of game it is, you should ask about the game is about."

Lucius waited for her to continue. 

"You will be transferred into a game called 'MY ROYAL ROMANCE'. You will be given the plot when you wake up."

"Why did you pick me to come here?" Lucius furrowed his eyebrows. He did not understand why this goddess had chosen him to come to this so-called otome game. He wasn't free, okay. He had other things to do, like ensuring the safety of his group and so on.

"I needed strong and ruthless person to do this job for me. There is a virus in this game and I want you to eradicate it. The virus will be in the shape of a character in the world, but I can't identify who it is. I have better things to do than to visit the world myself, so I need a soul like yourself to do the job for me." The goddess patiently explained.

"Even I have better things to do than doing some stupid task for you." Lucius said.

The goddess looked taken aback. She was a celestial being here, who did this mortal think he was to just talk back to her like this?! Lucius could feel the goddess's electric power building up in the air, but didn't feel the least bit threatened. 

Instead, he said, "If I'm going to do something for you, it won't be for free. You said you were a goddess, so what will I get if I do this for you?"

If there was one thing about Lucius, it was that he would never let anything that would benefit him, escape from his grasp. He looked at the goddess with a bit of expectation in his eyes.

The goddess forced herself to calm down. Of course, humans wouldn't do anything for free. Luckily she came prepared and could offer this soul something he wanted.

"I will give you a special reward once you complete my task and return to your world. It will be a magical item of your choice. Let me tell you, those items are very powerful and you will not be disappointed." The goddess said. 

Lucius was a little skeptical, but decided to take the goddess's word for it. She was a goddess after all. The items she was speaking of would definitely not be weak. That only left one more question . . .

"How do I eradicate the virus you are speaking of?"

"Simple, you need to destroy its soul by using the most powerful force in that world. Godd luck on finding it!"

And before Lucius could back out of the deal or even protest, the illusion in the dream disappeared. Seems like he signed himself up for quite the task, Lucius thought as he started to regain his consciousness.