Chapter 5

Among the crowd of shocked spectators, there stood a girl was quite indifferent to the situation that had captured everyone's attention. Previously, they were all standing outside to get their aptitude for a certain element of magic tested. Many of the students were filled with nervous excitement.

If by luck they managed to enter the school, then their future would be all set. This academy wasn't the only one that taught magic, but it was one of the best. All of the academy's graduates were famous. Because of this, many people were eager to get into this school. However, the competition was stiff as only 100 people would have a chance to get in the academy each year. Most of them were nobility and had trained themselves in some magic spells and combat at a young age, but compared with the magic the graduates from the academy were capable of, they were simple magic tricks. Of course, only those who have great aptitude for magic could really master the more complex spells, thus the aptitude test.

The second test was the skill test. In this test, a student would be paired up with a teacher and they would duel each other. Of course, the teacher would hold back significantly and give the student a chance to either defend themselves or attack, if they were using offensive mana spells. If a person's aptitude was low, their chances of making it to the academy would definitely decrease, but it wouldn't be impossible. This was because the second test would check if a person could skillfully defend or attack using mana. If their techniques/ spells were able to make them last at least five moves against the teacher, they would pass and take the final test.

One should know that other than nobility and royalty, the commoners had little experience in acquiring tutors or mages to teach them any spells. Only commoners with exceptional talents would even get the chance to go to this academy, like the heroine. Although, the heroine wasn't really a commoner, she was raised like one and had little experience with using mana for combative and defensive spells. The capture targets had exceptionally good aptitudes and had sufficient training in using mana, so she was wasn't shocked that one of the capture targets caused a big commotion in the crowd. Though, it was a bit extra for the whole crystal ball to crack. Perhaps, Silvian Esperia's route had been unlocked, but she wouldn't know as she only played one capture target's route.

The girl knew this all through playing the otome game, and she would have been more excited if she were anyone else, but the villainess. Not to mention about what happened to her brother. Worry gnawed through her stomach as she prayed that he would be alright. Heck, she didn't know if he was alive or dead. She didn't even know if she could go back to her original world and see her family again. She shook her head. That wasn't important right now. She first had to think about surviving the game with her identity.

Unlike the other villainesses of otome games, her fate was not to be exiled, or even execution. It was to be a martyr to save the school. In a bad ending, one of the capture targets (who ther heroine had chosen) would have to die, and the villainess would die in an accident to save the heroine, and in a happy ending the villainess would die instead of the capture target for the happiness of the heroine. Many of her friends in the old world were impressed how the villainess would slowly become the heroine's friend later in the game, and how it added depth to her character. She had agreed, but now all she could think was screw depth, she didn't want to die so young, especially not now, in a game. No matter which ending she chose, she would die in the end.

She could simply try to avoid the heroine and the capture targets but unfortunately that didn't seem to work either . For the past few days, she tried having as limited contact as she could with the heroine and the prince of the human kingdom, but fate always seemed to push them together. It seemed the harder she tried to avoid them, the more often they seemed to meet. Just yesterday, she decided to go to the academy by herself, in a private carriage, but instead, she and the heroine got invited by the prince to go together with him. Since it would be rude and insulting to decline an offer from royalty, she had no choice but to accept, or else she would be punished. In the original game, the villainess and the heroine rid a carriage to the academy, but now she had to ride the carriage with both the prince and the heroine. She internally cried the entire time.

She sighed thinking about her troubles, until her turn finally arrived. While she was lost in thought, the crystal ball had been replaced and the others continued to find out their aptitude. She walked forward and placed her hand on the sphere. It was cool to touch, despite being touched by many sweaty palms of the other students. A faint purplish glow emitted from the ball, before turning brighter and brighter, until the ball cracked, again. The teacher froze and looked at her incredulously. She was shocked herself. The students whispered pointing at her, while the others were too astonished. This event had not happened once, but twice. The students were shocked the first time, but quickly accepted the event, because though rare, it was not impossible to see a prodigy appear for the exams, especially if they were royalty. But now it happened a second time, they were even more shocked. What were the chances of two prodigies showing up at the entrance exam for the same year? The others felt less and less confident about their chances to enter the academy, especially with the appearance of not one, but two geniuses.

A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while, but things in irl got pretty hectic. Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.