Chap 7 "A Mission"

Emily's POV
Valentine's Day came and Steve had just gotten home that night in time for dinner. He walked through the back door. "Hey," I smiled.
"Hey," Steve gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Where are the kids?"
"Living room," I nodded. Steve went into the living room as I finished making dinner. I walked into the living room as Steve was making Kaarina fly. "Hey guys." Steve put Kaarina down. I grabbed a box from the table and handed it to Steve. "Happy Valentine's Day."
"You didn't have to get me anything," Steve smiled.
"Well, I did," I smiled. "And I promise you're going to like it."
"I am?" Steve asked.
"Mhmm," I nodded. I put a blindfold on Steve. "Come on." I led him outside and stood him in front of the new truck I got him. "Ready?"
"Did they ever tell you it's a bad idea to blindfold a SEAL?" Steve asked.
"Shut up," I smiled. I removed the blindfold and Steve just looked at the truck. "What?"

"You got this for me?" Steve asked

"You got this for me?" Steve asked. I nodded. He opened the box and got out the key. "You serious?"
"Yeah," I shrugged. "I figured, since your last one did get torched in your most recent case."
"Well, thank you for this," Steve smiled. "I'm sorry, I didn't get you anything."
"You don't have to," I replied. "I have a beautiful family. Let's go inside and have dinner." We walked back inside the house. Steve got Kaarina and Eileen and sat Kaarina in a chair and put Eileen in her high chair. I put a plate in front of Steve and I as he popped the cork on the wine. "I love you."
"I love you too," Steve smiled. The doorbell rang. "Are you expecting someone?"
"No," I nodded. Steve got up and opened the door. I went right after him. "Steve, who's at the –" I stopped when I saw who was at the door. "—door?" I looked at her. "Catherine, right?"

"Yeah," Catherine nodded

"Yeah," Catherine nodded. We got inside and closed the door. "I actually need Steve's help."
"Why?" Steve asked.
"It's your mother," Catherine replied.
"Okay," Steve sighed. "I'm going to go and pack a bag."
"Wait, Steve," I stated as Steve went upstairs and closed the door. "What's going on?"
"I can't tell you much to keep you and your family safe," Catherine nodded. "I'm sure you would understand."
"Oh, yeah, sure. You come here on Valentine's and my husband is now upstairs packing a bag and leaving with you," I looked at her. "He has two kids at home. This can't possibly be happening right now."
"You guys have two kids?" Catherine asked.
"Kaarina, who he legally adopted and is four," I nodded. "And then we have Eileen, who is biologically his. She's only a few months old."
"I'll promise you that he'll come back safe and in one piece," Catherine replied.
"My husband is leaving with his ex that he was going to propose to if she never left him," I looked at her. She looked at me. "You didn't know?" She nodded. "He loved you. He finally moved on enough to tell me about you. I love him, Cath. Please being him back home to his family safe."
"I promise," Catherine smiled.
"As soon as something goes wrong, you call me," I pointed. "I'll be out there as soon as I can." Catherine nodded as Steve came down with two bags and a backpack. "So, you're really going?"
"Cath, can you give us a minute?" Steve asked. She nodded and walked outside. "So, uhm, Jerry's on his way over to take care of the kids."
"Steve, I got it," I nodded. "You didn't have to call Jerry."
"You think I'm going to go with her alone?" Steve asked.
"That was the impression she gave me," I pointed. "I can't go. I got the kids."
"Oh, no, you're going," Steve replied as he put the two bags down. "My mom is in trouble. I have to help her even if she is my mom." I nodded. "You're going with me. Knowing my mom, it's gonna take more than Cath and I to help her."
"Yeah, but I can't do this," I replied. There was a knock on the door, and I opened it. "Hey Jerry."
"Hey," Jerry smiled.
"They're in the kitchen," I sighed. "Knock yourself out."
"Thanks," Jerry nodded and went to the kitchen.
"Why do you think you can't do this?" Steve asked. "You're former FBI and Five-O. Come on. You got this."
"Steve, that's not where I'm getting at," I replied.
"Then, what is –" Steve stopped to look at me. "You think just because it's Catherine, I don't want you there?"
"It's the other way around."
"She doesn't want you there?"
"She came and asked you for help. She didn't come and ask me."
"Yeah, but I want you there."
"Give me one good reason."
"I am always there for you and I want you to be there for me. I care for you and I cherish you. You do the same for me. You lift me up when I'm down and you encourage me when I'm losing hope. I always try my best to keep your smile on your face because I love you. So, do me this one solid and be there in this country for me."
"Have you been looking through my lesson plans?" I asked.
"I've been listening," Steve nodded. "I know you think I don't, but I do."
"Okay," I nodded. I grabbed one of the bags. "Which country are we going to?"
"Morocco," Steve smiled. "Let's go." I went with Steve and Catherine to Morocco. Catherine wasn't too thrilled that Steve had brought me along. Steve had let Danny know that we had to leave town for a couple days due to a personal matter. I was sitting in the building we were using while there. There was a knock on the door. "Emily."
"Got it," I replied as Steve walked in. "Open the door and I'll do the beating." Steve did and I grabbed an arm and threw them over my shoulder. I looked at who it was. "Chin?"
"Next time, just shoot me," Chin groaned.
"Noted," I replied as I helped him up. Lou and Kono walked in. "Trust Danny, you say."
"He was worried," Chin stated. "And he had the right to be."
"Okay, but didn't mean you have to come," Steve replied. "We got this all under control."
"You sure?" Kono asked as she saw Catherine in the other room. "So, could Emily and I have the room, please?" The guys left the room to see if Catherine had got any Intel on the bunker that was holding Steve's mom and Yao Fat. "Emily, are you sure it's a good idea for you to be here?"
"Steve wanted me here so I'm here," I nodded. "I didn't want to be. I'd rather be with my girls in Hawaii, but it's fine. They're with Jerry." Kono looked at me. "They'll be fine, right?"
"Oh, yeah, you guys got a great sitter," Kono smiled. The way she stated that made me worry even more about my girls being with Five-O's special consultant. "They'll be fine. I promise."
"Guys," Steve stated. We went to the other room to see what was going on. "So, it might be hard to infiltrate the compound, but maybe not impossible with all of us."
"Let me see this," I replied. I grabbed the tablet and looked at it. "Is your mom crazy?"
"You're talking about my mom, here," Steve replied. "She's crazy to attack that compound alone."
"What's wrong with it?" Chin asked.
"Heavily secured," Catherine replied. "How are we going to get passed the guards?"
"We cut that power," I stated as I studied the compound.
"Yeah, we got that far but they have a back-up generator," Catherine nodded.
"We gotta time it precisely," I put the tablet down. "Sixty seconds till the generator kicks in."
"What do you suggest we do?" Lou asked. "I ain't fast enough to get passed some damn fence."
"Got any other bright ideas, Emily?" Catherine asked, really being a bitch about it like she hadn't thought of it. "This plan can back fire if we don't get through in time."
"Hey," Steve looked at her.
"I don't care of you're a goddamn Navy SEAL," I looked at her. "I will take you down right here, right now."
"You really wanna do this right now?" Catherine asked.
"I was trained by the Marines," I replied. "I suggest you stand down."
"Catherine," Steve sternly stated.
"Now, or you can find your own way into the compound," I nodded.
"Maybe I will," Catherine looked at the blueprints. She looked at Steve. "Give me a couple hours."
"We don't have a couple hours," Steve replied.
"I already found a way in," I crossed my arms.
"Do you mind sharing it with us?" Steve asked.
"Someone's going to have to cut the power. As soon as you do, we have sixty seconds to infiltrate the compound and get to the control room," I used the tablet as my guild for the compound. "That's where we will have more control over the compound. We can find your mom that way."
"What do you suggest we do about the guards with the big guns?" Lou asked.
"They have surveillance," I pointed. "If they stick to the same idea of a building, those cameras will be in the control room. Most likely, there will be one guard in that room that we can take down."
"Alright," Steve nodded. He was thinking. "Okay. We can do that."
"Really?" Catherine asked.
"Emily, Chin, suit up," Steve replied. "You're with me. Kono, you're going with Lou to cut the power."
"What about me?" Catherine asked.
"You sit the bench," Steve looked at her. She looked at him like he was crazy to bench her. "You want me to feel sorry for you? No. I'm not going to do that. You treat my wife like she's some imprudent, unintelligent human being." He looked at me and I smiled. "She figured out how to infiltrate a CIA compound in two minutes flat and it's going to take you a couple hours."
"This is a CIA compound?" I asked.
"Yeah," Steve put his hands on his hips. "Why?"
"Do you know the name of the agent who's heading this compound?" I asked.
"Agent Ulegy," Catherine replied. "Agent Fabion Ulegy."
"Then we can walk right through the front door," I shrugged. "Let's go."
"That's a suicide mission," Catherine looked at me.
"No, it's not," I nodded. I rummaged through my bag and got out my FBI badge. "Fabion and I go way back."
"And you mention this now?" Steve asked.
"You didn't tell me what kind of compound we needed to get into," I replied. "Fabion and I went to the Academy together. I was able to pass the physical, first in my class."
"When did he finish?" Steve asked.
"He didn't," I sighed. "Fabion never showed up to the physical. It wasn't till later when I found out the CIA recruited him." I looked at Steve. "I knew that, because he tried to recruit me, but I was already happy with my place in the Bureau."
"You sure he's going to let you through?" Steve asked. "I'm almost positive that he knows the Bureau let you go."
"Yeah, you're right about that," I nodded. "I need my badge to make it seem like I'm official." He looked at me. "And Fabion owes me. So, he's gonna get us through the door and he's going to give us your mom." Steve, Chin, and I got into an SUV and drove us to the compound. We got stopped at the gate. I got out of the passenger seat and a guy walked to the gate. "You Agent Fabion Ulegy?"
"Who's asking?" he asked. I threw him my badge and he looked at it. "No way." He opened the gate. "Little V?"
"Hey Fabe," I smiled as he hugged me. "I want to cash in an I owe you card."
"Okay," Fabion nodded. "Come inside and we'll talk."
"Let me and my friends through," I nodded. He smiled as he handed me my badge back. I got into the SUV and he let us through. We parked and followed Fabion to a room. "This is a conference room?"
"Usually we wouldn't have one in a compound like this," Fabion replied as he moved his gun to his back. "What can I do for you? You're not FBI." I nodded. "I know you're not here to grab a coffee with me."
"No," I nodded. "A couple years too late on that Fabe." I held up my hand. "A SEAL beat you to it."
"You an army wife?" Fabion asked.
"Not so much. He was reserves when we met," I smiled. "But since we want to talk shop, I'm here for Doris McGarrett."
"She was here trying to get Yao Fat out," Fabion replied.
"If you give her to us, I promise you that she won't try again," I sighed. "I'm sure Commander Steve McGarrett here will make sure of it."
"You her son?" Fabion asked.
"Yes, sir," Steve nodded.
"She mentioned that you were going to break in," Fabion sighed.
"We're not," I replied. "Please. You owe me since I go you out of a few scrapes." Fabion nodded and took us to her cell. "Give us a couple minutes?" Fabion nodded and let us in. He closed the door behind us. "Steve, make it quick."
"Mom," Steve sighed.
"Steven," Doris stated. "What are you doing here?"
"Getting you out," Steve nodded.
"That's funny because you're in the room," Doris pointed.
"No, no," Steve replied. "She will get us out."
"Hello, Doris," I smiled as she shook my hand. "Uhm, this is weird meeting you like this."
"Why?" Doris asked.
"Because I'm your daughter in law," I replied.
"You got married?" Doris looked at Steve. "You didn't tell your mother?"
"I couldn't get ahold of you, Ma," Steve stated. "We're gonna have to cuff you and make up some lie to get you out."
"What about Yao Fat?" Doris asked. "I'm not leaving him."
"You're going to have to," I stated. "I am the only one that can get you out. I can't get hi out."
"Then I'm staying," Doris replied.
"Have fun trying to get out, then," Steve stated as he knocked on the door. The door opened. "I come here to help you and you don't want it. Therefore, you didn't even know I got married and that you have two grandchildren." She looked at us. "Let's go, Em." We walked out and Chin closed the door. "That didn't work."
"What?" Chin asked.
"She didn't want to leave Yao Fat," I replied. I looked at Fabion. "If you find yourself in Hawaii, you know where to find me."
"Five-O," Fabion smiled.
"See you soon," I nodded. We went back to our camp. "So, we're leaving. I have to get back to Hawaii. I cancelled class. I don't need to cancel any more." We went back to Hawaii. I hugged my kids as Jerry got them up for the morning. I took a shower and got dressed for work. I went to the university and walked into my classroom. I smiled as the students filed in. I looked at the time and it was time for me to start. "Good morning, class. I hope you enjoyed your day off but I'm back to hear your stories on Valentine's day." There was a knock on the door, and I opened it. "What do you want, Catherine?"
"Just to let you know, if Steve had asked me to marry him, I would've said yes," Catherine replied. "I am here to tell you to hold him tight and don't let go. I've never seen him love anyone else like he loves you."
"Yeah, you have," I nodded. "The way he looks at me, he used to look at you like that." She sighed. "You can't push me away."