Chap 8 "Ohana"

Steve's POV
After the case, I went home and found Emily sitting on the couch watching our wedding videos. Kaarina asleep on one end of the couch, and Eileen in her crib. I noticed she was crying. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.
"Steve, we have to talk," Emily sighed as she turned off the TV.
"Okay," I replied as I sat next to her.
"I'm taking the kids and moving back to the mainland," she sniffled. My heart just shattered. "Hawaii isn't for me and it's obvious to me that I'm not wanted here."
"What about your job?' I asked.
"I talked to the school. They're looking for a new teacher, so the class is cancelled for the next two weeks," Emily replied. "I am leaving tonight."
"Where's all this coming from?"
"Catherine came to visit me at the university," Emily looked at me. "She isn't happy that I was able to get you into the compound without having to do some secret mission stuff. You know I only abide by the rules if I have to. Unlike here with Five-O." She exhaled. "She wants me to leave you so that she can be with you. If not, she'll hurt the girls. I put the safety of our kids over the happiness of my own."
"Let me take care of Catherine," I replied. "Please, don't leave."
"Steve, I can't let her hurt the kids," Emily replied.
"Okay," I nodded. "Okay." There was a knock on the door. "Is that your ride?"
"Yeah," Emily replied as she wiped her tears. She got up and opened the door. "Hey Morgan."
"Hey, baby girl," Morgan hugged her.
"Just get those bags," Emily pointed. He grabbed the bags and went to the car. "Okay."
"You're really going?" I asked.
"Steve, you know why I have to do this," Emily nodded. "I can take care of myself, but I also have two girls to think about. Our two girls. I can't forgive myself if I don't take action now." Morgan walked back in. "You can grab Kaarina and I'll get Eileen."
"Okay," Morgan nodded. He walked over to Kaarina and bent down next to her. "Hey, Kaarina." She shifted a bit and then he picked her up. "I'll be waiting in the car."
"Okay," Emily sent him a small smile. "I love you, Steve. I always will." She took off her ring and put it in my hand. We shared a kiss. After, she grabbed Eileen and walked over to the door. "I hope one day you'll love someone the way you have loved me."
"I just want to be with you," I nodded. She let a few more tears go and disappeared. I was not myself the next couple months. We were all at the Palace and the team was looking at me while we looked at the screen. "We gotta go out, guns blazing."
"What are you, suicidal, you crazy maniac?" Danny asked. "That's a suicide mission. Think about your kids."
"My kids are on the mainland," I replied. "You really think I have anything to live for on this island?"
"What are you guys doing?" Catherine walked in.
"You shouldn't be here," Kono stated.
"Why not?" Catherine asked.
"Because Emily told me what you did," I looked at her. "You threaten to hurt our children if she didn't leave me. Because of you, that's exactly what she did."
"She doesn't deserve you, Steve," Catherine replied.
"And you think you do?" Kono asked. "Emily was more ohana than you ever will be."
"I didn't think she would actually do it," Catherine replied. "She literally took your kids and left?"
"What else was she going to do?" I asked. "She had nowhere else to go."
"I wasn't going to hurt the kids," Catherine nodded. "What kind of person do you think I am?"
"Book her, Danno," I stated.
"What am I being arrest for?" Catherine asked as Danny handcuffed her. "That's a bit too tight."
"Good," Danny nodded.
"You are being arrested for threatening a law enforcement official," I stated as I went to my office. I grabbed my bag and a plane ticket. I walked out. "I'm going to get Emily back."

Emily's POV
I was chasing Kaarina around the house while Morgan was feeding Eileen and Hank. "Kaarina," I smiled. She squealed and giggled as she ran around the living room. "Come here." I got her and hugged her close. "I love you."
"Mommy!" Kaarina squealed.
"We gotta get you dressed," I smiled. "Come on." We went upstairs to the room and I got her dressed in her favorite denim dress that Steve liked. I sat on the bed as Kaarina twirled around. "Daddy would've loved to see you in the dress."