Not-So-Super Hero - Chapter 1

Gunshots were so loud, especially when they were coming from right in front you.

Elizabeth thought today would be as plain as the rest, another day to forget. She had thought that up until the moment a gang of people with guns showed up at the grocery store she worked in, one man demanding she give him all the money in the register. The rest of the group herded all the other employees and customers into one area, probably to use them as hostages.

Now, Eliza was a smart woman, she knew that if this man were to not get what he asked for, he would shoot her and probably even kill her. Despite that, she opened the register and began to slowly collect nickels in a neat stack on the counter in front of the hooded guy.

"Are you stupid?! Grab bills! Not fuckin' dimes!" Yelled the man as he shoved the gun closer to Eliza's head.

With a mocking smile on her face, the mischievous ginger placed another silver coin on the stack and replied, "But sir, these are nickels."

Clearly, that was the wrong thing to say, if the ringing in Eliza's ears told her anything.

With a slow blink, she moved her hand back to the register. This time, instead of a nickel, she grabbed a few loonies and placed them in  pile in front of the armed man. All while staring directly into his eyes with a bored expression. The gun he was holding soon got pressed onto her forehead as his brown eyes filled with rage.

With another jerk of the gun, the man's gruff voice snarled, "Do you wanna die kid?!"

"Yeah kind of, I can barely afford rent, let alone food." Eliza responded with an exhausted tone of voice, " So like, could you hurry up an shoot me please?"

The man seemed more confused than angry at this point, as he lowered the gun