Chapter 3

Ice once again trickled through her veins, where she'd thought she was safe.

Lilly hadn't seen, nor planned for things when they got this far. If they got this far.

When the ambulance came, the police suddenly wouldn't be far behind,  and they would have questions.

What could she ever tell them that would even be mildly believable?

While a very real everyday occurrence for her, seeing the future was an impossible alternative to everyone else, something only possible in the world of Hollywood.

Telling the truth, trying to save people had never led to anything good. No one believed her in time and she'd always been the crazy one later, accused of things she never would've done.

A part of Lilly didn't understand why she'd wanted to see more, see further the night she'd first had the dream, that had led her to here and now.

Either straight to the nuthouse, or a beeline into a maximum security prison.

She couldn't take that chance.

Pulling her hands out from under Macgyver's, she finished wrapping his left.
Then, taking the box of injection she'd purchased Lilly pressed it into his hands, curling his fingers around it.

"Don't let go of this, okay? Tell them, they need to give this to you."

"You're leaving?"  Gently putting her hands on his chest as he began to protest this, settling him back down in his seat.

"Its okay." Trying to reassure Macgyver didn't really work when she didn't believe that herself. He could tell,  she knew.
Standing, she then turned to the older lady who had called the ambulance for them, noticing the nametag on a flour-dusted apron.

"Is there a bathroom I could use?" Pasting a polite smile on her face, the woman returned the expression, something like pity.

"Sure thing darling. All the way to the back, then take a right."

"Thank you." Looking back once more, Lilly locked eyes with him, wishing she could tell him how sorry she really was.

──────*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*──────

Detouring through the kitchen and bolting out the back door then into the alley, Lilly felt her lungs burn, her legs screaming with the effort.

She was desperate to get away, not understanding why she had tears coursing down her cheeks, and why her heart felt a little like it was breaking.

────────────────────────

PHOENIX FOUNDATION, A FEW HOURS LATER

───────────────────────

"We're running tox screens on your blood right now Mac. We should know what Murdoc dosed you with soon."

Sitting on an exam table in the Foundation's infirmary, a nurse strolled away after having just finished taking his blood pressure.

"If I had my guess, I'd say something in the nightshade family. Atropine, hyoscyamine, scopolamine...." Mac trailed off, thinking.
Something else seemed to be pricking at his brain, just on the edge of his consciousness, just out of reach.