Chapter 3

Chapter 3

  One of the Dauntless boys steps up, he is dark skinned, he throws his arms up in the air.  "Yeah Zeke!!" the blonde girl yells out.  I stare at her, I've never really thought of girls in a sexual way before, but there was something about this girl, she makes me feel different.  She steps up next after the boy, Zeke, jumped off.  She steps up onto the ledge, smiles at the rest of us, and jumps fearlessly off the ledge.  A part of me wanted to stop her, wanting to save her, thinking she might die.  I step up after that, I have to make sure she's ok.  I mount the ledge and without thinking I jump.  I fall for I don't know how long and then 'BAM!!'  I hit a net with full force, the impact knocks the wind out of me.  I climb out and see her, she's okay.  I watch as the rest of the initiates tak the leap.  Once everyone is down and in line Amar yells out "Dauntless borns go with Tori, transfers come with me!"  I watch as the blonde girl goes with the other Dauntless borns, wanting to go with her.  I turn back to Amar who leads us out into the compound.  "This is the pit!" he yells out and motions to a vast room with Dauntless members, some fighting, some talking and joking, and some kissing.  "This is the center of life here at Dauntless."  We follow him down a few corridors "this is where you will be staying for the next few weeks."  I look around at a dingy room with abouth ten to twelve beds.  "Boys or girls?" a Candor asks, "both!" Amar responds.  Some gasps and snickers come from this.  "If you like this you're gonna love the bathroom!"  Amar points out the showers and toilets behind the beds.  More gasps, "get changed!"  There are Dauntless uniforms laid out on each bed.  A few of the guys make crude comments towards the girls.  I change as fast as I can, ready to rid myself of my Erudite past.  Amar is waiting outside the room, he takes us down to the cafeteria.  Everyone stares at us as we walk in, for a second I feel like I'm still in my old clothes.  I see the blonde haired girl again and I want to sit with her.  She's talking with an older man and he hugs her.  She then runs off and sits with the first jumper, Zeke.  I start to walk toward her without thinking and then I feel a hand slaps me on the back "Eric right?"  I turn to see the Candor boy from before "yea and you are?" I ask looking back at her table, all the seats are taken.  I frown as the boy answers "I'm Matt, want to sit with us?"  He gestures to a group of transfers.  "Yeah, sure"  I say unconvincingly.  I sit down and stare around at the group I've been place with, among them Tobias.  There's another Candor boy and a Candor girl, and surprisingly an Amity girl.  I can only tell by how they talk since we've changed clothes now. 

  "Everyone quiet!" A man yells from above us, the man the blonde was talking to.  "I would like to personally congradulate our new recruits on making it this far." There's a cheer from the crowd.  "You all have chosen to join the warrior faction, where we believe in ordinary acts of bravery." More cheers come from this.  "My name is Max, I am one of five leaders of Dauntless, enjoy your dinner and get a good nights rest, your training begins tomorrow bright and early!" 

  I finish eating and head back to the dorm room.  I pick a bed closest to the door, not wanting to be close to the bathrooms.  I lay down and drift off into a deep sleep.  I feel as if I just layed down when I hear a bang on the door.  "Get dressed initiates! You have three minutes to meet me in the pit."  I get up and dress quickly, the other initiates and I run down to the pit, where Amar is waiting with Max.  "Alright, it's only six of you this year so wwe're going to do things alittle different" Amar announces.  "We want to see if knowing your fears before training will better prepare you for the rest of initiation, follow me!"  We walk down a long tunnel and stop at a door.  Amar opens it "this is the fear landscape room, you will be under simulation and will confront your worst fears."  There is a chair like the one from the aptitude test and a line of syringes on a table next to a machine.  "The serum I'm going to inject you with will stimulate the part of your brain that processes fear, once your heart rate calms down you will move onto the next fear."  Amar looks around the room "Pierce! You first!"  I look up alarmed and step foward, he takes the syringe to my neck,  I feel a sting as the needle goes in.  He starts the program.  I am standing in the simulation for what feels like an hour, fear after fear taunting me.  It doesn't take to long for me to steady my breathing on most of them, but then my last fear comes up.  I'm alone in a room, then the blonde girl comes towards me smiling.  She pushes me onto a bed, she starts kissing me.  I get so anxious and I start panicing, part of me doesn't want it to stop but it takes everything in me to get her off of me.  I start shaking and sweating.  My heart is beating so fast and I can't stop it.  I start to take deep breaths, and start to calm down.  The image goes away and I'm sitting in the chair again.  Amar stares at me "better be careful Pierce" he says to me while I'm still trying to catch my breath.  "Why do you say that? How'd I do?" I ask as I wipe the sweat off me forehead.  "You did well, only 15 minutes with 10 fears, but you better be careful with that last one" he replies wit a smirk.  "Why?" I ask again getting frustrated he didn't answer me the first time.  "That's Max's daughter" he says as he pepares the next syringe.  "You're free to go now."  I start sweating agai, that explains why he hugged her.  A million thoughts go through my mind as I wait for the others, all of them so far have been in there way longer than 15 minutes.  "Tobias!" The Abnegation boy enters the room.  He's not in there for very long, probably about 9 minutes.  Amar walks out with him patting him on the back.  "Only four fears!" he announces.  The others gasp and I just stare in disbelief.  The stiff is one to watch.

The Transfer (A Divergent backstory to Eric)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara