Chapter 12

Chapter 12

  The next morning, I get word that Four and Tris got away, shut down the program, and are on the run.  They also took Peter hostage.  We have to save him.  Max came by to check on Lauren, then went to Erudite with Jeanine.  The medic comes in and injects Lauren again.  She is doing alot better today, must be some powerful medicine.  She wakes up and smiles at me  "you saved me."  I take her hand "of course I did, I'd do anything for you" I kiss her "I love you."  I don't think I've even said that to my parents.  She gives me a sleepy look "I love you too."  Then she drifts back to sleep. 

  A couple days later Lauren is feeling well enough to stand.  "So what's been going on?"  she asks.  I take a deep breath and fill her in on all that I found out.  "Your dad still hasn't came back from Erudite.  I did hear from Chris that most of the Dauntless that were under the simulation have sided with the remaining Abnegation and that they are working with the factionless."  She looks shocked, her jaw dropped.  "The factionless...?"  I nod.  "My mom is factionless..."  she sits back down and stares at the sheets.  I stare at her, I guess I never thought of why her mom was never around.  "Why is she factionless?"  I ask, she frowns.  "She found out what my dad was planning with Jeanine and didn't want to be apart of it, so he kicked her out."  I don't know what to say, I've never seen her like this before.  A tear rolls down her cheek "I didn't really agree with it either, but my mom told me to stay and not say anything, so I did. I miss her, she was the strongest woman I knew."  She hugs me tightly and starts to cry.  I wrap her in my arms.  She takes a deep breath and wipes her face "so the factionless are planning an attack on us?"  she asks, still trying to pull herself together.  "And Erudite, I think we should head over there, Chris is going today with the rest of Dauntless on our side."  She looks confused "I have to leave Dauntless?  This is my home."  I hug her again "It'll be okay."  We get up and meet Chris and the others.  The train is stopped for Lauren, we get on and head over to Erudite.  When we get there, we all get out to find the others.  "I need to find my dad." Lauren says.

  We wander around and see him in the lab with Jeanine, his hand on her waist, laughing.  Lauren looks disgusted and storms in there, she's to fast for me to stop her.  "So while I'm at Dauntless dying, you're here getting cozy with her!?"  He looks shocked, he storms over to her and smacks her across the face.  "Don't you dare speak to me like that!"  I lunge towards him, he grabs my fist as I go to punch him.  "Don't even think about it Eric.  Now I suggest the two of you go find a room and get settled before you both get seriously hurt."  I glare at him, then wrap my arm around Lauren.  She's not crying, she just looks frustrated.  We find Matt, Sarah, Nicole, and Maria in the cafeteria.  They all cheer when they see us, then they see Lauren's face.  "Okay you do I need to kill? Who did that to your face?"  Sarah asks.  Lauren sits down next to her.  "My dad."  They look shocked.  Matt is holding Sarah at her waist.  I look around at the others in the cafeteria, it's weird seeing it full of Dauntless and Erudite.  I see Jenna Matthews, Jeanine's daughter.  She's nothing like her mom, she wanted to be Dauntless, but Jeanine threatened to have her killed if she transfered.  She was the closest thing to a friend I had here.  Then I remember that my parents are here and get a sick feeling in my stomach.  I turn back to the group "so do you all have rooms?"  "Yeah man,  we knew you guys would be coming soon, so we saved you one next to us."  Matt says.  "Alright cool."  "Eric...Eric Pierce?"  I turn around to see Jenna.  "Hey it is you! You look so different!" I nod "Yeah, it's me, what's up?"  She looks around at the others, then back at me.  "Same, my mom's been getting on my nerves more often than usual."  I sort of laugh "Yeah, she is pretty annoying,  I can't believe I haven't seen my parents yet."  She laughs "You don't really wan't to see them though, do you?" I laugh too "no, I don't, but you would have thought I would have by now."  "Huh, um!" I hear Lauren.  "Oh! Sorry, guys this is Jenna Matthews, don't worry, she's not like her mom.  Jenna, this is Matt, Sarah, Nicole, Maria, and my girlfriend Lauren."  Jenna waves to everyone "do you mind if I sit with you guys?"  I look around to the others, they shake their heads.  "No, please."  She sits down "I wanted to be Dauntless, but my mom wouldn't allow it."  "Why no do it anyway?  That would have been the Dauntless thing to do."  Nicole says.  "It's a long story, I don't really want to get into it"  Jenna replies.  Matt and Sarah are giggling quietly next to us.  "So has anyone heard anything about Peter?" Maria asks.  "Just that he was taken hostage by Four and Tris" I reply.  "I know he's younger than us and all but he was pretty cool."  Maria says as she stirs her food.  Nicole chips in "and he was kinda cute."  We all laugh, it feels nice to be with these people, my friends.  I never thought I'd ever have any.