The Legend of Toriana

Malena's Bite (TeenWolf)

Chapter 12

The next day, Derek took me to this broken down subway station. This was the new place for our pack. Me and Derek are in the back of one of the trains. "So what are we going to do on full moons?" I ask. "We'll do the same thing I did to you." Derek replies. I nod and sit down on one of the seats. "Derek!" Someone shouts, I hear them running down the metal stairs. I look at Derek and he stands up and I do the same. "Derek!" They shout again. They stop in the train we are in but they can't see us. I let my eyes change so I can see through the darkness. It's Isaac.

We walk out of the darkness and I let my eyes go back to normal. He looks at me, like he's confused on why I'm here. But then he realizes that I'm his Luna. "What's wrong Isaac?" I ask. "It's my dad. I think he's dead." Isaac says. "What did you do?" Derek asks. "That's the thing. It wasn't me." Isaac says. I stiffen and glance at Derek. "Where is he?" Derek asks. "In the ally." Isaac says. "I'll be back. You two stay here." I nod and Derek disappears.

I turn to look at Isaac and he looks at the ground. I see a couple of tears fall from his eyes. Why would he be crying over his father when he abused him?

'Maybe because his dad wasn't always like that.' My wolf suggest.

I nod and walk over to Isaac. He looks up at me and there are tears running screaming down his face. He looks so innocent and lonely. My eyes tear up at the sight of this. I pull him into a hug and he doesn't move. He seems surprised by my actions but then he relaxes and puts his hands around me too. He starts to sob into my shoulder and I rub circles onto his back. "I'm sorry Isaac." I mutter through his sobs.

Derek appears in the door way. Derek looks like he's going to growl because of this. But I shake my head at him and mouth 'don't'. I think his wolf was the one wanting to growl not Derek. Derek nods and mouths 'wolf' to me and I nod. Isaac's sobs seem to slow down and he stops shaking. I sigh and I quickly kiss his cheek before pulling out of the embrace.

"Every thing will be okay Isaac." I whisper to him. He nods and looks over at Derek. "He's dead but I have no idea what attacked him." Derek admits and we both nod. "But whatever it is, I have a feeling we're gonna have to kill it." Derek states and walks out of the broken down train.

~Later that day~

I'm in the old Hale House, by myself. I'm here to look through some of the old books to find out more about Lunas. Derek told me that there might be a book that explains why there aren't any more Lunas.

I walk over to this old wooden chest and open it to find it filled with books. I pull out the first book and read the title. 'Shape shifters' I put it back in the chest and keep looking in till a book with the title of, 'Pack Leaders'. I open it and flip through it in till I land on a page titled, 'Female Leader: Luna'. I start to read the page and it says what a Luna is and can do, but I already know it. I flip a couple more pages and I come across a page that says, 'Forbidden Luna; The Legend of Toriana'. I then read the first paragraph.

"Toriana was a Luna to the 'Silver Stone' pack. She loved all the members of her pack, except her mate, who was the Alpha of the pack. In the beginning Toriana's mate, Maxwell, was the perfect mate. He was sweet, kind, and treated her like a lady. Eventually they got married and Maxwell made her the Luna of his pack. After that everything changed in the pack."

I read and thought for a moment. How can she not like her own mate? I mean it's her mate, they were made for each other. I took a deep breathe and started to read again.

"A year after Toriana became Luna, Maxwell started to be harsher on the pack and treating them as if they were Omegas. Toriana didn't like this and she wanted to put a stop to it. But she waited because she thought it might just be a phase.

Later on Maxwell started to beat the pack if they did one tiny slip up. This angered Toriana as she had to sit there and watch her mate beat a little child, just for going to play in another pack territory.

One day she couldn't take it any more. Maxwell started to whip and claw at a teenaged boy for not being here on time. Just as Maxwell was going to dig his claws in the boys shoulder, Toriana demanded Maxwell to stop.

Maxwell took this as Toriana wasn't being trustworthy to him. This angered him so much that he killed Toriana right in front of the pack. He slashed her throat feeling no pain or sympathy. But before Toriana lost her last breathe. Maxwell used his Alpha powers and erased the memories of how a Luna could be formed.

From this day on there are still no signs of Lunas because every one forgot about them and how to make a werewolf a Luna. Some say that if a new Luna is formed that Maxwell will come and hunt her down. To kill the Luna to keep the prophecy in order."

I slammed the book shut and let a couple tears fall from my eyes. That's horrible! Not only did Toriana get killed by her own mate but I could be in danger of being killed myself. I quickly grab the book and sprint over to my house with tears still stream through my eyes. This is all Peter's fault! Why did he have to make me a Luna?!