Chapter 5

The voice replies "you can return home at night, remember the day of your world is this worlds night and Alex will be able to leave with you"

I sigh in relief and say as i stand "fine i'll go with you"

The man states after talking to a guard "I'm sorry my Prince you didnt have a choice it was just better if you agreed, our transportation is here... Miss i must ask you to come with us"

She nods and the man motions for us to follow i look at the ground as we exit the Inn hearing people whisper "are they in trouble?"

"Wait! thats the Cloaked Saviour!"

"oh right! it is!"

I sigh and help Alex in the Carrige, then get in we sit on the same seat, the man sits across from us i state remembering who he is now "your Harold the head of the kings Military why are you here? shouldnt this be the head of guards job?"

He smirks saying as the carrige starts to move "thats what you would've thought my prince but he has to be by his and her majesty's, or should i say your mother's, fathers side"

I roll my eys at him calling me prince, Alex stays quiet as i look at her, i think i cant even tell her who i am now she would be so weirded out. Harold asks "Miss who are you and what are you to the prince?"

Alex states quietly "he rescued me from some bad men... i basicly just met him"

I smile a little and ask already knowing the answer "are you usually this quiet?"

She shakes her head "no, i'm usually more energetic and happy but right now i'm nervous"

I say "well don't be your not in trouble...i am"

After what feels like an eternity the carriage finally stops in front of the castle I get out first, then wait for the rest to get out. Not happy about being here with this misunderstanding, i kept on listening for the voice but heard nothing, i cross my arms. Harold starts walking saying "come along we'll meet up with the miss later"

I say "i cant leave her alone!"

Some guards are on patrol and one guard says another "the Cloaked Saviour what is he doing here? surely we would have heard if he was coming"

Harold frowns and says to a passing maid "do you mind staying with the miss over there"

She nods and walks over introducing herself, i sigh not what i meant but i guess it'll have to do, i grudgingly follow. As we walk through the halls i stay quiet, not even my footsteps are heard on the floors that usually echo. Harold says "we're going to the throne room immediately"

I sigh as guards walk past thinking why now when i have Alex to protect, i cross my arms this is a mess i wonder if Alex will forgive me. Will she even believe that i was the prince? that i saved her? that i didn't abandon her. The head of Military says "my Prince i know your not happy but could you at least explain to me why you left in the first place?"

I say lowly "I wanted adventure"

That is true, i was absolutely bored a few weeks ago and wanted something to do besides a job i wanted to experience a thrill i couldn't have. But is that the prince's wishes also? He laughs and clears his throat saying "sorry my prince but you remind me of your father when he was young though he never actually left"

I say "oh yea? really?"

He nods, well at least it was an acceptable answer, soon he points to the throne room that i've been in once before telling me "its not just your father, most of the nobles are there also behave and i'm telling you as your fathers friend not his vassel he is not in a good mood you lied to his face"

I nod great this just keeps getting better and better the knights open the door and the buzzing of voices stop as i take a step into the room. i can feel all eyes on me i look at the thrones thinking i can do this, i can do this, my eyes scan the room i see about 20 nobles, all wearing similar outfits, then i look at the king and queen. they are sitting on their thrones looking regal, The king has a face that i think a dragon would yeild too he is not happy... the queen as a face that resembles a kicked puppy. I stop around the middle of the room and wait the King says "Lyle show your face"

I nod slowly and remove the scarf when i drop the scarf he says "and the cloak"

I comply thinking this is crazy why in front of everyone i'n not even your actual son the tan cloak drops to the ground and everyone gasps besides the royalty. Then the room fills with whispers about the Cloaked Savior some say they knew it was the prince all along, other say how could he, but they all come to one conclusion what i did was wrong. Well this confirms it i'm a striking image of the prince, the King orders "enough!"

The whole room quiets down and he contines "Prince Lyle why did you leave the castle grounds? and put your life at risk, you are the sole heir, can you explain your behaviour"

I think should i answer? i have too but what to say? i wanted adventure i know for a fact he wont find it funny like Harold did. Thats really all i can say, wait i'm not even the prince i could say that but he wont believe that nobody will... i sigh well i'll have to wing it then but how do i address him damn....say my King? father? no i cant call him father, my King will have to do. I state "My king i cannot explain my behaviour, though i have saved countless lives that would not have been saved if i was cooped up in the castle, i wanted adventure i couldn't stand doing nothing anymore..."

i stand there waiting thinking will i get a punishment? why is he soooo quiet now, i watch him sit on the throne, it feels like an eternity till he says "we will talk to you in private later you may leave now"

I nod and go to pick up the cloak and scarf but he says "without the disguise"

I nod bow slightly and quickly leave thinking did i die? I press my finger against my neck and sigh in relief no i didn't I'm still alive I hear when the doors close "your majesty I think its best if you come with me"

I look in the direction of the voice and see a woman wearing a dark purple dress i ask "Where did Harold go?"

She says "he had other things to attend to, now if you follow me we'll get you out of those dreadful clothes"

i follow saying "there not that bad, just a little..."

we walk into a close by room and i see myself in a mirror and end quietly "worn"