Chapter Five: Nico's Nightmare

Apparently when Thor said 'room', he meant 'entire fucking floor of the Tower'. Nico wasn't sure how any of this was safe, really, because anyone with the ability to fly could probably break through, but, whatever. He'd trust Stark on this one.

"Damn," Nico whistled appreciatively, "Are all the 'rooms' here like this?"

"Yes," said Thor, "though unfortunately they go underutilized. Only Stark stays here on a regular basis. The rest of us are either at our own lodgings or otherwise away, though we've all taken it upon ourselves to 'remodel' our rooms to better suit our individual tastes and needs."

"You all have your own floor?" asked Will incredulously.

Thor shrugged. "It is a big tower."

Fair enough. Still, the sight of the place made Nico's head spin. It was large, open concept (though it wasn't just one continuous room with no walls, thank the gods, that would be a defensive nightmare), and incredibly neutral. It was also, Nico found as he wandered around, very high end.

The elevator lead to an open space, where there was a ridiculously large couch and an equally humongous T.V., as well as a separate seating area to the side, obviously meant for smaller meetings or gatherings. There was a large bathroom just to the left of the elevator, which had a ridiculously large soaking tub and a shower with an impossible number of shower heads, as well as a counter with three sinks.

Behind a sectioning wall was the kitchen, stocked, too, with impressive modern equipment, the marble countertop gleaming in the sun. There was also a large island and a dining table, each large enough each to hold counselor meetings back at Camp with room to spare (which is to say, room for fights to break out). The window-wall overlooked the landing deck Nico had been so graciously acquainted with earlier, and the city somehow seemed smaller than it ever had before.

The bedroom was the last room, and protective walls laid around the perimeter of the windows, yet the space seemed filled with light. It was perhaps more modest than the other areas of the floor, and yet Nico could tell at a glance it was no less expensive. It came furnished with a large dresser, a desk, a T.V., and...

"Only one bed?" Will commented, brow raised.

Thor smiled. Nico would almost call it devious, except the look on Thor's face was too genuinely happy. "Is that a problem? We could have another room made up--"

"No," Nico said immediately. Promptly after, a blush spread across his face, bright and deep. Beside him, Will seemed speechless, a blush of his own spreading from his face down his neck. "I mean-- it's just... I'd feel better if we were in one room. That way we can keep an eye on each other."

Thor waggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Of course, Son of Hades."

"Nico. Call me Nico." He very much refused to answer Thor's not-so-subtle suggestions. He had practice, having dealt with Percy for so many godsdamned years

"Very well, Nico. I shall leave you two to... get better acquainted with your room." With a suggestive wink, Thor left.

There was silence between Will and Nico for a moment, simultaneously very very awkward and incredibly charged. Really, Nico hadn't meant anything by what he had said-- truly, he felt uncomfortable having Will out of his sights outside the borders of Camp. Will was a good fighter, but... two demigods was still enough to attract a monster or five, especially when one of them was a child of the Big Three. So it really was precaution that Nico insist they share a room, even it it only had a single bed.

That said... Nico didn't mind sharing said bed. But he would also understand if Will was. Though they had been together a while, they were still navigating the 'dos' and the 'don'ts', and Nico didn't want to push Will. (He wouldn't mind snuggling him, though.)