Chapter Eight: Percy Jackson, Meet the Avengers

The seven of them stood upon Half-Blood Hill, the warm noon light pressing down on them. On one side of the border stood Nico and Thor; on the other, the rest of the team, looking incredibly confused as to why the hiked up that hill for seemingly nothing. Peleus regarded them with dozy eyes-- watchful, but dozy-- as the Golden Fleece swayed with the breeze.

"I, Nico di Angelo, Son of Hades, hereby give permission to the following mortals to enter Camp Half-Blood: Anthony Stark, Steven Rogers, Bruce Banner, Clinton Barton, and Natasha Romanoff." He paused as he felt the accepting thrum resound through the barrier, and then nodded at the five stranded outside. "Okay. Step forward."

They did so hesitantly, throwing cautious looks at a now-visible Peleus (who had ignored them the moment Nico started his 'you can enter' speech), and Nico watched, amused, as shock bloomed across each of their faces.

"Woah," said Clint, "That's... woah."

Nico grinned lopsidedly. "I know, right?"

Camp Half Blood stretched below them. Nico could see the campers go about their daily activities, sparring and swimming and caring for the pegasi and millions of other things. The Big House stood strong, towering over them, and the cabins buzzed with activities. The scent of strawberries wafted towards them in the spring breeze, and the lake looked almost as calm as the forest, broken only by the occasional kayak or naiad. It was beautiful, even after all the hardships it had faced.

The only thing that marred that beauty was the face that Nico saw running up the Hill.

"Nico!"

"Percy?" Nico blanched. "Wh-- what are you doing here?! Aren't you supposed to be in college."

"Spring Break, my dude," Percy grinned. It was then he seemed to notice the company. "Woah. Aren't these those Avengers guys-- oh, and girl." Percy squinted. "Oh, hey, that's Captain America!" He jabbed Nico three times, rapid fire, on the stomach. "You used to have a cruUuUUushHh on hiiiim~!"

Nico gasped, flustered and offended, and socked Percy on the shoulder, ignoring his cries of 'ow!'. "I did not! And you don't see me going around mentioning your crush on Mr. Thunderpants here all the time!"

Percy gasped. "Auh! That was highly confidential, mister!"

"Uh," said Steve, "who's this?"

"Oh, shit, sorry," Percy waved a hand, and water flew out of the grass. He winced. "Uh--"

"Quit while you're ahead," quipped Nico. He cleared his throat. "Percy Jackson, meet the Avengers. Avengers, meet Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon, and my dork of a cousin."

"The dork of a cousin you had a crush on for four years~" Percy said in a singsong voice.

Nico groaned. "I thought I told you never to bring that up again."

"How am I not your type," Percy teased. He gestured to his body. "I'm everyone's type!"

Nico felt like visiting his father. The hard way. "I hate you."

"Well apparently no--" Percy was cut off as Nico once again punched him, this time in the stomach. It wasn't a hard punch, per se, but it wasn't a gentle one either. "Ow! You're almost as bad as Annabeth!"

"I'll take that as a compliment," Nico said breezily.

"Uh," Tony said, apparently breaking out of the shock Nico had definitely noticed him go into. "You-- the water--"

"Yeah," said Nico, brows furrowed. "That's new."

Percy grinned lazily. "I learned some things at college. Crazy, right?"