4 | Revenge Daddy

His eyes were all I could see as I sat in my cold chair, starring directly at him. He stood up, still having his arms crossed while looking at me. His look was intense, questioning me and almost my existence. I got nervous. More nervous than I was before. His dark, slim suit, his dark blue eyes and black raven hair melted into his dark and mysterious style.

Along with his look, he had a mask on. A black, silk mask, making him mysterious. He could be your best friend but also your enemy. Slowly, I started to regret coming. For sure, this time, as I got creeped out by his mask. I was used to them, my mother always created masquerade balls. It was her thing, you could say. But being in the same room, with a man like this. It would creep anyone out.

"So, Mrs. Snow. Tell me about your husband. Are you sure he cheats on you?" I almost heard his question, my eyes were narrowed at that mask. I blinked as I woke up from my thoughts and looked into his eyes, his dark blue eyes.

"Yes, no! I don't know... I saw him kiss another woman in a club. He doesn't know I was out that night. I think it was him... But I want to know for sure."

"So, you want the whole revenge package, then? Find out if he's cheating on you and if so, take your revenge."

I bit my lips as he said it: Revenge. Did I really want this? He continued to look at me as I couldn't get one question out of my head.

"I'm sorry, but I who calls themselves... revenge daddy?"

He wasn't amused by my question. In fact, he started to get annoyed by me. He narrowed his eyes and tapped the desk.

"Mrs. Snow, I took you in as a favour and because I got interested in this case. Don't test your limits with me. I can throw you out, as easily as I took you in. So, stop asking stupid questions. And answer my questions."

"You don't have to be a rude asshole."

"Oh, But I do. Now, do you want the revenge package or not? If he isn't cheating, I won't charge you. If he does, the Revenge process with begin."

I was annoyed by him. I was pissed, actually. How dared he speak to me like that?!

I started to glare as he continued with his attitude. Cocky, egocentric, provocative, selfish man who only thought about himself. That's how I saw him. He wanted to piss me off. He wanted me to feel anger and scream at him. He waited for it, I could see it in his eyes. But no, I wasn't going to give him that pleasure.

That's why I got up and dusted myself off. I took my bag and looked at him with a polite smile on my face.

"I'm sorry. But, I don't think this will work out. Have a good day." I turned and started to walk to the door as I heard his chair move. It echoed in my head. Just like... I bit my lips and walked with determined stapes until-

"Are you sure, Mrs. Snow? Don't you want to know if your husband cheats on you? If you're a woman who he comes home to after he's done with the other one? Do you want to be... used?"

My hand was on the doorknob and I bit my lips. I wanted to know and I was in a under position in this. He had the measures to find out. I didn't. I looked a bit behind me, seeing him sit on the chair, smoking a cigarette. My Hand were shaking while holding the doorknob and I looked away again.

"I'll start this on Friday, if you want to sign the contract. Come back on Friday. It might be the best decision in your life. No one should be a... used product."

The way he spoke, it pissed me off. I opened the door and rushed out of the office, slamming the door behind me. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. He talked like I was a product. Something meant to used and thrown away. My time felt wasted and, so did my hope. As I went home, I was thinking about his offer.

Find out if he cheats... then take your revenge...

Did I really want revenge? I mean, maybe some kind. But, I didn't want to hurt anyone. It wasn't me. And it wasn't who I am.

But as time went on, the idea got better and better. As the days went on, John was more and more distant. He came home late, sometimes maybe not at all. He always came with the same excuses over and over again. In the end, I didn't believe him. I couldn't anymore.

And I started to show it in my mood and the way I looked at him. My happiness started to turn to anger. My cheerful eyes started to go to glares, death glares.

Before I knew it, it was Thursday. And I had to make a decision. I went back and forth in my room. Not knowing what to think or do. I didn't want to work with him. He was a prick. An asshole. But, he could do what no one else could. Find what no one else could. Do what no else would dare. Find out the truth.

I sighed defeated as I sat down on my bed. 23:56 pm and John still wasn't home. I threw that damn watch on the wall and laid on the bed. I knew what I had to do. No one would help me except myself.

I'm a strong woman.
And a strong women can do anything.

Friday morning...

I sat in the waiting room again. Ready to announce my decision. I felt proud and kept my head up high as I was nervous like a cat. I scratched my arm and bit my lips as I watched those paintings again. I turned my head and saw the wedding magazine again. I sighed and looked down in the floor.

Just like last time, the assistant lead me to the office but it wasn't his small office, no. It was the boarding room, where all big decisions were made. She didn't go in this time. I was on my own in this. And I knew, if I opened that door. There was no going back to my old life as I knew it.

I went in and saw him sitting on the edge of the table. He had a grey, slim suit and this time... no mask which shocked me again. Making me completely speechless. He smirked at me while looking me, up and down. Keeping his arms crossed.

I breathed out, nervously.

"So, Mrs. Snow. What's your decision? Being used or taking control?"

I glared and breathed, trying to keep my poker face.

"Okay, Asshole. Listen and listen good. I won't let a jerk like you boss me around!"

"What's your decision then?" He chuckled amusingly.

"My decision is..."

~~~~~

If you enjoyed this chapter, tap the star and vote!!!