9 | Captive Me

Before opening I gathered my breathe and tried to cool my cheeks down. I blushed silly me. I sorted my clothes out and openend the door.

But it only resulted with my eyes widening and I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

"Darling! You look stunning!" A woman shouted with a squeaky voice and pulled me into an unexpected hug. I hugged back lightly, trying to twist and turn my way out. "I can't believe we're neighbours! I've heard so much about you and you look so damn stunning! I'm almost jealous if I wasn't sure I was the stunner."

I twisted my way out before I saw who it was. It was her. The girl with the perfect, sun kissed skin and red plum lips with gorgeous blue ocean eyes. The perfect body, with the perfect waist and reddish hair only she got pull off. I sighed while smiling.

"I didn't know myself", I managed to squeeze out of me. She clapped excitingly and smiled so happy I got jealous. Who could be that happy and perfect looking at the same time?

"Oh! I'm so excited! My parents got invited to the party you're mother is having... which means I'm coming! But you know the Diaz family for sure. Rita Diaz aka me must always be where things happen." She winked and giggled a little while I gathered my sense. She suddenly gasped as she realised something, making me sigh one more time because I realised there will be more of these meetings. "Can you imagine this! Your parents are friends with my parents. It must be faith we're here together."

Friends? She called us friends after seeing each other almost never, after spending no time together. I tried to replied back when her phone buzzed and she looked at it rather than speaking to me.

"Oh well, I have to go! I just wanted to greet my next door neighbour. I'll see you around, Juliette. Toodles!" She blew me a kiss and skipped out happy, leaving me at the door speechless.

I started to consider the possibility to go back home. Just leave the cheater and cheating expert together, jump on a plane and go home. Was it too late to do it? Was it really too late?

My sense said yes yet no, believing it was a good idea to do so... but my logic knew my mother would nag more and my husband would just cause a fight. Not for being alone with my mother. More likely for not getting to cuddle at night. Not that he got it anyway.

And hour went by and I found myself in bed, looking at the rooftop decorated with small, self glowing stars I put there as a child. I smiled a sad smile to myself, thinking about life and the unexpected path it brought people on. Sometimes I wondered why humans experience what we do. Go through what we do. Find ourselves doing and seeing things we desperately wanted to avoid. I didn't have a answer to it because I genuinely believed no one did.

All I did was hoping for something true and lovable. Because hope is fragile but doesn't go away easy.

Liam

I found myself being with the kid, the mini human, the girl who's name was Yvette. Juliette's step-sister she seemed awfully close yet despite the distance she put between them.

She astonished me. Juliette. I admit that. She seemed split and composed at the same time. She loved her sister yet stayed in L. A. She hated Steve but acted like a true sister to Yvette. That woman seemed to be a walking parallel that captive me because she doesn't make sense to me. She was unexpected unlike all women I met before. Maybe that's why I took her case to begin with, in reality.

I looked out on the snowy garden with the mini next to me. The snow laid over the dead flowers and sleeping bushes like a veil of beauty. I hated the cold. The chilling breeze that crawled up along your fingers to your arm, freezing you to the point of pain.
Yet, nature did it with such a beauty.

Mini looked at me with a smile, the pure kind of happy smile and looked at me with her deer like eyes.

"Thank you for taking me out."

"You're welcome, mini", I replied.

"Why mini?" She asked, thinking like her life depend on it. I smirked.

"Because you're mini size."

She crossed her arms, narrowing her brows like she could split me in two.

"Well! You're fat!" She bursted out. I turned to her, crossing my arms in return.

"I'm fat now? Is someone desperate for a comeback?"

"Look in a mirror and you'll see the truth."

I admit, the girl was feisty and quite good in her comebacks. Not that I really cared but it was amusing.

"Whatever you say, Mini."

She sighed annoyed and leaned against the big old oak we stood next to, shaking her head.

"Lord help the girl who will marry him", she muttered to herself. I rolled my eyes. Turning back, facing the breathtaking garden.

"I will never get married. Don't worry. No woman will feel the pain to be my wife."

She looked at me, almost pitying  me.

"Why not?"

"Because marriage is useless and pointless."

"But you marry someone you love! You marry your princess! And the princess gets her prince!"

Her way of seeing love seemed so carefree and perfect. So fragile. So genuine.

"I'm sure it will happen you, Mini. But not everyone follow the fairytale line. I'm not the marriage type."

"Why not?"

"You ask too many damn questions!" I sighed and crossed my arms.

I didn't believe in love. Love was nothing more than fanfiction made by humans to make us endure life. To make life beautiful because we'd feel love. Wasn't love all we cared for?

Yvette giggled and smiled.

"You said damn. You have to pay me twenty dollar."

I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

"I won't pay you for cursing!"

"Pay up, sucker!" She laughed and danced around me. I sighed, looking at her dancing happy. A small smile shaped my lips as I looked at her. Somehow... I felt a tad of peace seeing her happiness. Somehow it made me wonder... what true happiness on Juliette looked like.

~~~~~

If you enjoyed reading it please tap the star and vote. Thank you for reading my stories :)