Stockings and taking risks

*(EDITED)*

I would like to thank everyone who had read over the past few days! Over 50 reads in a day! And thank you to the 3 people who keep faving every chapter it really spurs me to write! if you are enjoying pleaseeee leave a comment or a favourite just so I know you guys are there! I would like to keep putting out chapters often and the reads and favs really spur me on! thank you again!

In the weeks that followed the kiss with Tommy he didn't really leave me side, we didn't kiss often but when we did it was soft and sweet. He would take my face in his hands, brush my hair away with his hand and kiss me sweetly. He would allow me to sit next to him when sorting the papers and he would place a hand on my back when we walked. I was still confined to the house, with only the occasional trip to the Garrison. I was beginning to feel the pressure of being trapped in the Shelby house, spending my days with Finn or watching Tommy work. 

I didn't know what was going on between Tommy and I but I liked it. I had never had attention from a man like this before and I relished in his touch, his sweet gazes. He was a completely different man when the doors to his office closed. He shed his rough outer layer and everything was simple, it was just Tommy and Amelia.

He continued to buy me lemonade every week, although I insisted he didn't have to, he always had the fire lit in my room and he had given Polly and I money to buy winter dresses which made a huge different to my constant teeth chattering.

Today was no different, I had no paper work to do but I sat on the small couch in Tommy's office drawing on a small piece of paper while he worked. If he had meeting, which was very often, I would sit and take notes, sat right next to Tommy. I could tell the men didn't like it, but Tommy always kept me close. Since my mother had died I never had anyone to look out for me and now suddenly having an entire family around me, I sometimes got overwhelmed.

It was something I had 'suffered' with since I was a little girl. The times when I felt like the world was closing in on me, whether I had had a bad day or not, I could find myself sneaking out from house and into the gardens to the stables. There, I would meet Henry, a boy from the village, and he would let me ride the horses until my father was down from his high or he had stopped beating my mother.

Henry. He was the only thing I really missed from my old life and the only one I had told about my escape. One day I would have to get the message to him that I was ok, one day...

"You seem distracted today." Tommy said quietly over his newspaper.

"I feel distracted. I miss the country." I whispered.

"Did you live in the country?"

"Yes. I would escape into the woods and fields go riding for hours."

"You can ride a horse?" Tommy was looking at me now.

"Yes, of course I can." I laughed.

"Why didn't you say? You know we bet on race horses?" he laughed.

"That doesn't mean I knew you rode as well, or I'm guessing you do by your reaction."

"Get your coat on." Tommy said placing his newspaper down and his cigarette in the ashtray.

"Why?" I laughed.

"I'm taking you riding." He said smirking and grabbing his coat.

I blushed, ever so slightly, and pulled my coat on quickly, my heart swelling with excitement.