Chapter 1🌹

(Edited on 24th March 2020)

Sitting at the dining table, with a steaming mug of tea in her right hand, Kiara looked at the photograph she was holding in her left one and let out a sigh. The person in that photograph was the most handsome man she had ever laid her eyes on.

I am sure what you are thinking; it's what every woman thinks about the man of their dream. But she was not exaggerating. He definitely was the best looking man or else he would have never appeared on the front page of New York famous magazine, Your Weekly Gossip, as 'THE MOST HANDSOME MAN' every year.

He was tall at the height of 5 feet and 9 1/2 inches with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He had a chiseled jawline, with high cheekbones and dimples. His body which was neither too built nor too slim was just of the perfect size with the right amount of muscles.

Wherever he went, women would stare at him, wishing and hoping that he would notice them. So many of them wanted to be with him not because of his wealth but also because of how sexy and handsome he was. But she did not want him for those things. Even if he was not wealthy, Kiara would still have loved him.

In this photo, he was standing at the bottom of the stairs, dressed in a black shirt and suit.

She placed the mug on the table and closing her eyes, she ran her finger tips over his face imagining that she was touching his face in reality and not on the picture

She placed the mug on the table and closing her eyes, she ran her finger tips over his face imagining that she was touching his face in reality and not on the picture. She imagined how good it would feel to touch him. The roughness of his stubble pricking her fingers.

As her mind started to wander, she immediately opened her eyes. It hurt so much to be in love with a man who did not feel the same. She felt the tears that she was holding back, start to fall down. She wiped them and gulped down the lump in her throat.

Thankfully, her best friend had to go to work early. If she had seen her like this with Damon's photograph crying, she would definitely have lectured her about how it was time to move on and let go of him. But it was difficult nearly impossible.

It had been a very long time since she last saw him, at least face to face. She did see him on television or in magazines but it was not enough. She yearned to see him in person but she did not have the courage to go back home yet. Not since he broke her heart unintentionally.

She still remembered that night as if it happened yesterday. Thinking of that night still broke her heart. Even if it's been years, the intensity of the pain never diminished.

Flashback

Standing in front of the mirror, Kiara checked her appearance for the last time. She was wearing a knee length royal blue dress and flat pumps. Her dress was simple but beautiful with long lace sleeves and a V neckline. She was wearing a silver jewelry set which consisted of a pair of earrings, necklace and bracelet, her 15th birthday present from her mother. A silver watch, a gift from her father was attached on her left wrist. Her waist length dark brown hair was tied in a simple side bun.

Lastly, her make-up was done simple: blue and silver eye shadows, mascara and nude lipstick

Lastly, her make-up was done simple: blue and silver eye shadows, mascara and nude lipstick. She was not a pro at make-up but she did her best. Satisfied with how she looked, she took her silver clutch from the dresser double checking that what she needed was in it: her mobile phone, a few notes and her lipstick.

After that she made her way out of her bedroom and the front door.She stood on the porch after locking her front door waiting for her ride to pick her up for the party she was attending tonight.

Tonight, Mr and Mrs Mathews were celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary. They were not only family friends but also the parents of the man she loved, Damon. The latter was unaware that he had stolen her heart since she was seventeen. But tonight that was going to change. Now at the age of eighteen, she was more deeply in love with him and ready to confess her feelings to him. She knew that she was taking a risk but "LIFE IS ALL ABOUT TAKING RISKS". At least that's what her mother always told her.

She wished that she was here to support her. She still could not believe they were gone. At moment like this, she missed her parents badly. However, Kiara knew that even though they were not here with her physically, they would always protect her and be with her in spirits. She always felt their presence when she needed them. If only they had not left that night for their date. If only,.....

As she could feel memories of their awful accident making their way in her mind, she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled. This was not the time to think about that distressing day. She had a mission at hand for which she needed to have a clear and positive mind. She already had a plan in mind.

Near the end of the party, she would approach Damon and ask to talk to him in private. She then would profess....

Her thoughts were interrupted by a honk. She opened her eyes and looked straight, at the entrance of her yard where a black Mercedes was parked. A smile made its way on her face. Her ride was finally here. 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

NOTE : The name Your Weekly Gossip was a name that came in mind while I was thinking a name for the magazine. If there's one with this name then it's a coincidence.

Hope you liked the first chapter. Any positive feedback/advice is welcomed. Please do leave a vote if you liked the chapter

Thank you for reading

 Together_Eternity