Chapter 3 🌹

(Edited on 25th March 2020)

Eliza and Kiara looked at the familiar face of Mrs Mathews, who was making her way towards them. She was beautifully dressed in a red evening gown that fitted her like a glove. She had minimal make up on her face but was still looking absolutely breathtaking. At the age of 57, one would think that she was in her late forties. As soon as she approached them, she hugged them both simultaneously.

"Thank you mom."
Eliza whispered.

"Thank you, Mira."
Kiara also whispered.

She let them both go and gave them a huge smile.

"Happy wedding anniversary."

"Thank you Kiara,"
she replied,
"and thank you for the wonderful gifts. Max and I absolutely loved them especially the scrapbook."

Internally, Kiara let out a sigh of relief. She knew that they would love the watches she gifted them. However, she was not so sure for the scrapbook.

"It definitely was one of the best anniversary gifts we have ever had."
She heard Max say as he approached them.

He came to her and gave her a warm and tight hug. The hug made her remember her father. She knew that in the future if she ever felt the need of a fatherly advice or support, she could rely on Max.

After a few seconds, he let go of her and stood beside Mira and wrapped his arm around her waist and gave her a forehead kiss. Mira and Max Matthews were the second amazing couple that she ever met; her parents being the first.

You could feel and see the love, care and respect they had for each other. As the number of years of their togetherness increased so did their feelings for each other.

Kiara wanted a relationship like that. She wanted Damon to love and give her the family she always had dreamt of since she learnt the meaning of love and marriage.

This strong desire of wanting this dream to come a reality made her more determined to talk to Damon. She just hoped that things would go well and that she would finally be able to call Damon hers.

"Well I think it's time for you both to get back to your guests and let me enjoy the party with my best friend."

The voice of Eliza, who was looking at her parents with an impatient look, snapped Kiara out of her thoughts. Max and Mira chuckled simultaneously and went back to being the amazing hosts that they were.

"Come on bestie."

Eliza took Kiara's hand and guided her through the kitchen and outside the house at the backyard.

Once outside, Eliza looked at her with a big grin showing her white teeth.

"Sooooo, are you ready for your love mission, ready to tell Damon that you are crazily in love with him. Ready to claim your man."

Yes, Eliza knew how she felt about her elder brother. Kiara made sure to tell her about her love for him. She was shocked at first but then was beyond happy for her.

Eliza was certain that Kiara was the perfect girl for Damon. She was nothing like the other women that he dated. They dated Damon for his money and fame, him being handsome was the cherry on top. She was aware that her love for Damon was an honest one. If tomorrow Damon went bankrupt, Kiara would never leave his side.

"Not so loud."
Kiara said in a whisper.

At the same time she looked around to see if someone was nearby and could hear their conversation. She shook her head once she realized that, that was stupid. Eliza had made sure they were both alone.

Kiara looked back at her, a smile on her face.

"I am definitely ready but both nervous and excited."

She rubbed her hands together a habit of hers whenever she was nervous.

"Don't be. Just think positive and who knows maybe I'll be able to call you my sister soon. It's not like you are not my sister but you know what I mean."

She winked at her. Kira could feel her cheeks becoming warm and knew that she was blushing. She rubbed her cheeks trying to get rid of the blush.

Eliza laughed at her action knowing exactly what she was doing. She always did that whenever she blushed.

"Let's go back to the party and enjoy ourselves. It will help get rid of your nervousness."

Eliza and Kiara went back to the party and made their way towards the bar that was set up. Stephen along with their cousins Drake, Samantha, Felicity and Finn were there chatting. Kiara greeted them all with a hello and nice to see you. They were only acquaintance to her.

After fifteen minutes or so, Eliza was in a deep conversation with her brother and cousins. They were discussing about a road trip from the past. Kiara did not mind at all that she was not a part of  their conversation.

She was happy sipping on her juice while looking around and at the entrance. Every time she saw someone entering she would hope that it was Damon. But she felt sad when it was someone else. She was starting to get impatient. The more she had to wait the more she was getting nervous.

Damn, she though. When will he arrive? I can't wait to see him. It's been almost a month since I last saw him but it feels like years.

She was about to turn around to the bartender to have a second glass of juice when she saw one of Eliza's sister in law, Sarah, Drake's wife making her way towards the bar.

She never really liked the woman as she was a gossip monger always bad mouthing about people. Kiara found her facial expressions funny. It was like she had received a shocking news but which was a good one at the same time.

"You guys won't believe who I just met."
She shouted, making Kiara winced.

Eliza rolled her eyes at her excitement. Like Kiara, she never took a liking to her.

Stephen, Samantha, Felicity and Finn looked at her waiting with a questioning look on their face.

"Who did you meet honey?" Drake asked her wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"It's someone Damon brought. I still cannot believe that he would bring someone like that for us to meet."

Kiara's eyes became wide. When the hell did Damon come? She did not see him enter.

Eliza came to stand besides Kira.

"Who the hell came with him for Sarah to be so excited?"
Eliza whispered to her.

Kiara shrugged her shoulders.

"No freaking idea."
She replied.
"Better we go and see for ourselves. For all we know it could be someone of no importance. You know how she over reacts."

Eliza nodded her head and they all followed Sarah. Kiara could not wait to see him. She was ecstatic to finally see him.

However, had she known that her happiness would be replaced with pain and sorrow, she would have left the party before seeing him or better yet not come at the party at all.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Author's Note: Please do vote and comment if you liked the chapter and story so far. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Love,

Together_Eternity